Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel

Practically Family
Came home to a splendid surprise. 3 hats and some new old stock hat holders made by Knox Hats (the yellow ones behind me). I will do a write up on these in a short while, like I did the other hat hangers.

I had to wear one of the new lids, this "Defender" was made between 1908-1909 for the Waite Hat Company (wholesaler). The hat bears stetson Lot stamping on the sweatband, which may mean that Stetson made this hat for the WHC. We were able to narrow the date range, as in 1907 the company was known as "Blake & Waite Hat Co." In 1908 the name changed to WHC, and in 1909 or shortly after the company went belly up.
f4bd5b21ccaad25f03645be0f6071402.jpg
f20ca6bfc1849601de04297e3078acc8.jpg
3fcd7b6096a86fb2b4da2231fd90a7d3.jpg
9f8aa46cdda00cacbd9c9d72dd181add.jpg
90ba7d97cc01a8aa2709a92b7a3e5b0d.jpg
62eed924f78179a11e67affe8d0b54c1.jpg
56d00e631aa1566000815805b4824123.jpg
33f06e6c150fc0f9e572e7518b163c71.jpg
c247b823fec7043313233983ac08f642.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Nice sombrero

Samuel

Practically Family
Bob R, please wear that one more often. I'm a huge fan!

Jeff, that your Tom hardy clone (that what it was called?) either way, both myself and that cat of predatory stature are envious

Anthony, speechless. You won me over with that one, p.e.r.f.e.c.t

Michael, suiting hat, and it compliments you extremely well. Big thumbs up from my side of the States!!

Samuel, stunning strat!

moe, superb choice sir!

Alan, sweet hat, and beeautiful photos!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks, boss

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I have become quite evangelistic about the practice of oral history. Our project is cutting edge, using video and having a robust web portal. This is why it will be the main topic of my thesis. The idea of institutional memory being captured in our 150th year at Oregon State is an epic feat.
We have oral history of my grandmother taken by my mother and my sister. It's so interesting to hear how things were back then...

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
For sure... the temperature fell 15 degrees. At 95 degrees and 90 percent humidity, it was a welcome change. What was interesting was the change in weather conditions. We had early afternoon cumulus clouds that covered more than 50% of the sky. We were nervous that they might obscure our view of the eclipse. About halfway through the partial phase, the clouds evaporated and the sky was clear the rest of the way.
It was hot and sunny here. My brother and sis-in-law were playing board games with another couple who had camped out overnight and I was standing by their table providing shade until I just couldn't take the direct sun or the heat any longer.

It was still and calm, but once the moon started to cross the sun, the wind picked up to about 10 mph and then started to get cool.... then when the sun came out again the wind stopped and the heat started climbing back up.

I poo-pooed the whole thing from the beginning. "Big deal," I said. I thought my brother driving up from LA was insane. I completely changed my mind as it started to get dark... it was SUPER COOL! I'm so glad I went with my brother. At first, I was just going to watch from my living room window, 55-59 seconds totality at my place. But the morning of the event, I jumped in my car and led the way to Monmouth with my brother following in their car.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
I have a lot of catching up to do. just returning from a road trip with one hat which I couldn't wear very much because it was hot as blazes in Kentucky and I spent a lot of time under the sun. A Tilley did the trick, though it needed a bath when I got back. Spent much of the time in this pose, looking up - first at the clouds with a worried look, but finally at a spectacular solar eclipse. One photo as a souvenir... it shows the sun and moon 1 tenth of a second after totality. The sun is just peeking through a deep valley at the edge of the moon. Glasses and filters back on immediately after this was taken.

082117.jpg

xsm_returnofthesun.jpg
My goodness what a picture!!! That is AMAZING!!!!

...Not sure it ever had an official title, but you're exactly right-- the one Parker Melvin made for me to assimilate the hat Tom Hardy wore as Forrest Bondurant in "Lawless." Not sure its exact to specs but it's a favorite nonetheless.
Easy to see why; that might be my favorite hat of yours. Great proportions and colors, and I'm glad you had it replicated "as new" and didn't have any phony baloney "wear and tear" done to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg