Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely morning here. Wind and thunder later today, perhaps. The man in black, Italian velour that is,
DSCN1970 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1964 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
3" over welt brim, Borsalino I believe
DSCN1973 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And a black hole to photograph,
DSCN1957 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hope everyone is having a fine, fine Saturday,
Michael
That is one showy hat! Love the velour finish. You look sharp and sporty today.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Rodolfo. I'm not a big fan of hot weather, but all of those great looking straws you've been wearing lately almost have me in the mood for a bit of summer.

Michael
Neither am I, you see where I live it's like endless spring, and it was better 20 years ago.

Coldest might be 30° F for 15 days early morning.

Hottest might be a top 100-104 for a couple of weeks at 4 pm but it gets cooler by night.

So nothing impossible like some places where in summer they get 100° at night.

Have a nice weekend

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Doug. This is a traveler of some sort. It is unlined and has a grosgrain sweat. I can barely make out Borsalino and Made in Italy on it. I don't remember your Breiter, have you posted it recently?

Great photos of your birthday outings yesterday.

Michael
I bought it to wear to Oktoberfest excursions, and I've only worn it a couple times since I picked it up.

i-hRdM66d-L.jpg

Sunny and warm in Funkytown, a beautiful Saturday leading to Easter Homburg Sunday. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow, but today we have fair weather and clear skies.

Wearing my Resistol San Antonio in the April Sunshine.

c458a58c0e24bb7c189c6d7afde8545e.jpg
fa61bc773e513e8285fcbc8e2d22cb84.jpg
08a72f10b9dfc59d5466093d6ce8a202.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thin ribbon goodness Jim! Love the color and brim width. Have a splendid Saturday.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Rainy morning found me running to the butcher and liquor stores in a Gannon (Green Moss).

Back home grilling lamb for an afternoon repast. Wearing my no-mname vtg. Stetson fedora. I consider this hat being close to the much sought Wanderer. Imbibing a Founders Breakfast Stout.

i-MTGDDK3-M.jpg

Yard chores after eats. Wearing my current fav hat, vtg. Stetson De Luxe Stratoliner.

i-r6kwwgh-M.jpg

i-BmL5rXv-M.jpg

i-XZhHcJk-M.jpg

I hope you all are enjoying the weekend. Best, Eric -

GHT

I'll Lock Up
So many of you enjoy the fruits of your labours in the garden, thank you all for your kind compliments, it's much appreciated. This Strat look-a-like is the work of one of Belgium's finest. She's such a talent, and for all you green fingered Loungers, the shrub behind me in full bloom is a Rowan, it has a poignant piquancy that I will share with you one day, when the pain has subsided.
hats 060.JPG

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Doug. This is a traveler of some sort. It is unlined and has a grosgrain sweat. I can barely make out Borsalino and Made in Italy on it. I don't remember your Breiter, have you posted it recently?

Great photos of your birthday outings yesterday.

Michael
Cool velour...looks like the big brother of my stingy brim Borsalino traveller. Grosgrain sweat and all. Amazingly soft and floppy if it's made of the same stuff.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Rainy morning found me running to the butcher and liquor stores in a Gannon (Green Moss).

Back home grilling lamb for an afternoon repast. Wearing my no-mname vtg. Stetson fedora. I consider this hat being close to the much sought Wanderer. Imbibing a Founders Breakfast Stout.

i-MTGDDK3-M.jpg

Yard chores after eats. Wearing my current fav hat, vtg. Stetson De Luxe Stratoliner.

i-r6kwwgh-M.jpg

i-BmL5rXv-M.jpg

i-XZhHcJk-M.jpg

I hope you all are enjoying the weekend. Best, Eric -
A parade of perfect pate coverings, Eric! All great hats!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Cool velour...looks like the big brother of my stingy brim Borsalino traveller. Grosgrain sweat and all. Amazingly soft and floppy if it's made of the same stuff.
Thanks Moe. It's somewhat floppy, but it did stiffen up a bit after some steam. I think I'll give it some more steam later, including on the grosgrain. It's my size, but sits a little loosely. If the grosgrain would shrink I would be happy about it. I would say it was definitely flanged to take a curl in the brim. I've not seen one of these before with a 3" brim.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken