Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
4ae2b484c48ffd17a771bfa7a013989b.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
These conversions of yours are incredible. I love each one of these mile high beauties. But this color...Wow! I think it is my favorite.
Thank you, Red. I appreciate that. The one in the picture is Resistol's chestnut color. I don't know if that color is still available, though. It's a nice rich shade. It's become a favorite in my meager collection as well. The pictures don't even come near to doing this hat justice.

Regarding the proportions, it started off with a tall open crown. I reblocked it slightly shorter in height on a straight sided block. As creased, it's basically 5 inches all around, 4 3/4 at the pinch with the rake sloping to 4 1/4 at the back. The brim is 2 3/4 wide.

Last edited:
Well, @hatsRme Charlie, I tried holding the camera up high but it really scrunches up my jacket, LOL! Wow, these pics really show spots on the black felt. Honestly, it shows spots that aren't even there. I brushed the felt and it looks great, although there are some water spots on the ribbon.

A simple, modern, Stetson Downs for the birthday boy today, wearing a jacket with my new, dark burgundy (Bordeaux??? Syrah??? Touriga Nacional???) birthday shirt from MrsFed. It's the 28th anniversary of my 29th birthday!

i-tHtndFD-XL.jpg

i-2DXkRct-XL.jpg

Stetson Downs

Rockin the Stetson there today, BIRTHDAY BOY!! You're holding up well!!

Hey all!
Due to the appearance of a giant ball of burning gas (and not from the chili I ate last night) this Brent.

3779534a6b5882e237acdd6e3029b4e2.jpg
3a6543b47a095d9a9d51ccd314d52b1f.jpg
fd10c9c003736c4ee464b8ced0411c19.jpg

Have a great day!