Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
LindyTap, Nice Biltmore. I notice you live in detroit. Did you get your hat in Canada, maybe?

Mr. Lucky, Three cheers for BCF, and another three for a guy who changes the ribbon to suit his taste. That's a style you see mostly on straw. I always wondered, why not on felt? Good job!

Douglas, Love the Dobbs! You said you're going to "have" the Stetson clear nutria altered. Why not do it yourself? You could post it on one of the threads here, and show off your handiwork.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
DSCN6257.jpg

Gorgeous hat, Douglas You're going to have it altered? I don't know how it looks on you, but I think the proportions are beautiful as is.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
J.T.Marcus said:
Mr. Lucky, Three cheers for BCF, and another three for a guy who changes the ribbon to suit his taste. That's a style you see mostly on straw. I always wondered, why not on felt? Good job!
Thank you, JT! You always have the kindest words. They are appreciated.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T. I don't have the intestinal fortitude to do the work myself.

I agree Dman the proportions are really good but I am very interested in seeing what it will look like. The felt is really nice so I think it should yield a great hat.

Thanks Razzman, There seems to be a flush of terrific hats by all in recent days.

MKL

A-List Customer
DOUGLAS said:
J.T. I don't have the intestinal fortitude to do the work myself.

I agree Dman the proportions are really good but I am very interested in seeing what it will look like. The felt is really nice so I think it should yield a great hat.

Thanks Razzman, There seems to be a flush of terrific hats by all in recent days.

If you don't mind revealing it, Douglas, who are you going to have it done by?

Looks great as is but if you like it another way it is yours! :) I had a hat cut and reshaped for me too. So I know what you mean. One of the grey ones I posted in thread.

DOUGLAS

I don't know yet MKL. I need to do some research. I have four or five other hats that need to be repaired so I think I will send them all to one person. I am opened to suggestions. It will be the first time for me so I am a bit apprehensive.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Douglas, You probably have several good hatters in NYC. You should be able to get a brim cut down for about $20. If you decide to go outside the city, you might check out Peters Bros. in Fort Worth, TX. They don't list individual services on their we site, but they will do a complete makeover for $80. Here's their number for questions: 817-335-1715

indycop

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
Douglas, You probably have several good hatters in NYC. You should be able to get a brim cut down for about $20. If you decide to go outside the city, you might check out Peters Bros. in Fort Worth, TX. They don't list individual services on their we site, but they will do a complete makeover for $80. Here's their number for questions: 817-335-1715
Peters Brothers did an awesome job on my indy custom! I gave them my measurement and told them I was a long oval. They got the fit perfect. The felt is super smooth and the hat feels like its part of my head (if that makes sense). I would not hesitate to have them work on my hat!

deanglen

Vintage WWII Navy HBT Cap

Worn at our youngest son's Tennis match last week, and will be worn again today at another match. I like it because it isn't a ballcap, but technically it is, but it's stealth vintage...like an in joke on all those baseball cap wearers. I think my ear thinks I was taking its picture.

204696514_680518585_0.jpg

dean

indycop

I'll Lock Up
deanglen said:
Worn at our youngest son's Tennis match last week, and will be worn again today at another match. I like it because it isn't a ballcap, but technically it is, but it's stealth vintage...like an in joke on all those baseball cap wearers. I think my ear thinks I was taking its picture.

204696514_680518585_0.jpg

dean
Dean do you know the history on it? It would be something if that thing had been through Pearl Harbor or some big missions!

Edward

Bartender
Today I am wearing a fur Fedora by Biltmore for MillerHats.com. I don't know much about it beyond that - bought it on ebay for USD25.00. Beautiful hat. totally as new ands came in a Miller Hats box - seems to me like one that someone ordered and it didn'tg fit, or an unwanted gift or something. It can't have ever been worn out as there's not even the slightest traces of wear on the gold embossed labels and logos on the leather sweatband, or the black satin liner. It's amusingly vintage-modern - true vintage styling but with a URL stamped on the inside. I like that juxtaposition. :) Black. Beautiful. So far I've managed to keep my clumsy digits away from the crown - a good thing; with the old wool Fedoraish Western hat I've been wearing forever, I'm a true pincher.... :eek:

I do love this hat. :) I just wish I had the money for more at the minute.... :(

Aerol

A-List Customer
repair/renovation

Douglas, I recommend Optimo in Chicago for repairs and renovations. They have done wonderful work on my hats. Talk to Graham at (773)238-2999. I'll be there on Saturday, to pick up a Herbert Johnson that he's cleaning and blocking for me.

MKL

A-List Customer
Razzman, another nice hat. What are the temperatures around Boston right now? We are heading out that way in about 2 weeks or so.

Razzman

One Too Many
Thanks for all the compliments on this Portis. I just could'nt pass the urge to buy it.

MKL, in about two weeks it should be great fedora weather. But it's so hard to predict. It's been in the high 60's to 70 and dry. But we had a couple of 85-88 days last week. It's supposed to go to the mid 80' Thurs-Sat of this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88