Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKL

A-List Customer
Razzman said:
Thanks for all the compliments on this Portis. I just could'nt pass the urge to buy it.

MKL, in about two weeks it should be great fedora weather. But it's so hard to predict. It's been in the high 60's to 70 and dry. But we had a couple of 85-88 days last week. It's supposed to go to the mid 80' Thurs-Sat of this week.

Thanks. Great. Looking forward to some cool weather.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
My Hand Made McLoud. The felt feels almost identical to my clear beaver stetson, So I'm guessing that it's either a beaver hat, or has a pretty high beaver content.

The site of the hat shop is now "America Services", a money order and travelers check place.
IMG_4394.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
3X Open Road.

I feel like I have been wearing the same hats over and over again. It is almost time for a rotation.
DSCN6277.jpg

DSCN6279.jpg

All of my hats seem to get sweat stains only on the leftside.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman, another superb specimen you have, there. The bash looks like one I have seen on western hats, less often on fedoras. Beautiful!

Douglas, Loking great, as usual. I just noticed the new avatar. Looks very dignified and quite recent.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Dean do you know the history on it? It would be something if that thing had been through Pearl Harbor or some big missions!

I wish, Indycop! I got it off ebay two years ago. It's a 7 1/8 but fits my 7 3/8 head quite well. How nice it would be to have provence for it. But if I did know too much about it, I wonder if I would think twice about wearing it, more like I should give I to a museum. As it is, I just love the historical nature of it. My imagination provides its own war stories to go with it.

dean

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
J.T.Marcus said:
Dinerman, another superb specimen you have, there. The bash looks like one I have seen on western hats, less often on fedoras. Beautiful!

It's the one it came with. Kind of like a western cattleman's, but with frontward angled dents, and a subtle, very narrow diamond crease on top. The ribbon's more fedora in form, but western in dimension.
Extremely hybridized fedora/ western hat.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Another great series of hats, folks!

Razzman, that Portis is sweet!

Dean, the fatigue cap looks similar to the ones we had in the AF until we went to BDUs. I'll see if I can't dig mine out some time.

Dinerman, looks like a good thing that you left the crease in that McLoud-it sure fits that hat and looks great!

Douglas, I love that grey 3X OR... something about that color is just right to me.

And let me add that I, too, am happy to see the ladies showing their hats here. My wife is, from time to time, claiming hats that come in for her own but has yet to wear any other than one I got for her to wear to our daughter's wedding last spring. I'll have to show her some of your photos to get her hooked! :D

Regards,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Champ Kasmir Finish

Thanks, JT, Mr. Lucky, for your comments. Mr. Lucky, the PT sure is a fun car, isn't it? I've had mine 3 years and it has over 65,000 miles on it. My favorite addition to it was the vintage hood ornament. I don't know what it came off of, but it sure looks good on the PT! The hardest part was applying the drill bit to the paint to drill the holes for the mounting screws. :eek:

Today I wore another Champ, my green one. Very much like the blue; both are favorites of mine.

2Oct07ChampKasmirFinishgreen.jpg

Heading to southern Oregon in the morning. For the next 10 days or so I'll be wearing either my Akubra Jackaroo or a Borsalino Featherweight I bought back when I first started. Didn't realize at the time how nice a hat it was. Know I know!

See ya next week, Art! :D

Cheers,
Tom

Jerekson

One Too Many
I like the front pinch on that OR, RBH...very cool. Sort of Indy-esque, actually.

Took out the old Stets' today.
Stetson_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth