Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Moon! I am trying to develop a hat "attitude", be fearless. I wear these hats more as an homage to the history than a fashion statement.
as do I ... it's hard for me to look good in anything let a lone make a "fashion statement" ... hahahaha

your attitude screams through my screen in that bowler ...

those hats are hard to make look not forced to me ... looks very natural on you

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I really like how it gets some baby blue tones. The brim is special. Ever considered a slight pinch, making it kind of a Lord's Hat?
Thanks Red.

Yeah... the blue tones are just marvelous. Makes me think that some folks who work with dye must be absolute geniuses, magicians or some mixture of the two. Beautiful artistry.

This one resists a pinch. It just won't quite accept it for long. I'm a big fan of casualizing (not sure if that is a word) the homburg, so I pinch most of mine at some times. Guess this one is just too full of itself to stoop so low (it is Imperial after all).

Another neat thing... Alan has its twin. Shots of it are lurking around here somewhere.

Enjoy.

Matt

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Cool (mid-60's) and sunny today.

Black Biltmore thin ribbon, from that last sale of Canadian made hats.

3994fe7ea849488d3f46e15cf048a98d.jpg

Cheers!
David

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Last night was one of those nights where there was nothing good on, I was caught up on my recordings, and just didn't feel like Netflixing into oblivion. So, (pun intended) I decided to upgrade my Parabuntal with a new perforated sweatband that I recently bought for this very purpose. The cotton twill tape I had originally put in it just never really felt right. Threw on a pug, but I may put the ribbon and bow back later. The sun just happened to come out in time to enjoy it for a while. Hope it lasts!

ee56b0957e0fdc692af81a3312a1d8b2.jpg
2454e8291a4880b37a46994051ebc7d1.jpg
1686e600fbfcd2cb827c4266855ed00d.jpg
55223e3f81fc7c1661c9e001b26c2edf.jpg

Not my best seam joint, but it works.
Have a great day!

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.
Nice work, Moe. Wish I had the gumption to mess around with some of my lids to get them just exactly perfecter. I admire your undaunted creativity.

Thanks Red.

Yeah... the blue tones are just marvelous. Makes me think that some folks who work with dye must be absolute geniuses, magicians or some mixture of the two. Beautiful artistry.

This one resists a pinch. It just won't quite accept it for long. I'm a big fan of casualizing (not sure if that is a word) the homburg, so I pinch most of mine at some times. Guess this one is just too full of itself to stoop so low (it is Imperial after all).

Another neat thing... Alan has its twin. Shots of it are lurking around here somewhere.

Enjoy.

Matt
Kewl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S