Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I agree Hurricane Jack, I like this hat both for the look and the comfort. I sort of recall that soaking and clothes pins were involved in getting that crease. I may someday get the notion to change out the ribbon and band, but it's not something that is pressing on me.

Thanks sergejvandervreede. I like the big brim staws too. I think I have 3 different ones now, and will no doubt expand the lineup as I run across them.

Michael

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
a $5 estate sale Borsalino beater for some Sunday errands in the rain

5559b0adcd35fb802016f0f49d9c6408.jpg

d5bc269fbaaa7810d614e1b45ee45a13.jpg

04ff1b4eda76f9aef53f5fbf9c26f35f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

a $5 estate sale Borsalino beater for some Sunday errands in the rain

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

Some beater! Is it a beater because of the price, or does it have some flaws I can't see?

I'm jealous. Mine was $8.00.

Hmmm, slightly scary that. What am I thinking right now??

Hat looks great BTW.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

Thanks...and stop thinking that! Your mother would be appalled!

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Hopefully you're being well compensated for all those hours,TJ. Business must be good there, don't they want to hire more people?

Nice "OR", I have a Stetson 25 with no Open Road marking that is one of my all time favorites. Your hat looks great on you, even with the stingy brim.

Unfortunately, we're paid very poorly and our time and a half pay should be something that we make normally. We haven't had pay raises there in three years and they just told us again not to expect any for this year as well. They overload us with overtime hours and make greater demands while paying us poorly. They constantly hire new people but nobody stays around. We've lost a lot of our experienced full time employees and the company's filling the vacancies with temporaries, and they leave after about a week or two, and I don't blame them.

Thanks, David. I've coveted your Stetson 25 for sometime. I'd love to get my hands on one of those! That 25 looks great and you wear it well.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Some beater! Is it a beater because of the price, or does it have some flaws I can't see?

I'm jealous. Mine was $8.00.

some mothing under the brim, a bit of a musty odor and some stubborn shape issues ... all of which could be dealt with ... but I prefer to use it as a $5 hat that I don't mind being mistreated

think cutting the lawn in stye :)

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Off to pick-up fresh roasted coffee a bit earlier in a Cordova Cap.

i-MnMw5WG-M.jpg

Instructions given and I am off for charcoal and groceries in a VS Wanderer (Art-lite dove).

i-GFNSRFP-M.jpg

I really do not even care if the vents work, I do like their appearance.

i-qFHv93g-M.jpg

Ferns are out! They add interest to our northern landscape.

Best, Eric -
That VS Wanderer is something special. Perfect color combo; and I love the shape too.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I agree Hurricane Jack, I like this hat both for the look and the comfort. I sort of recall that soaking and clothes pins were involved in getting that crease. I may someday get the notion to change out the ribbon and band, but it's not something that is pressing on me.

Thanks sergejvandervreede. I like the big brim staws too. I think I have 3 different ones now, and will no doubt expand the lineup as I run across them.

Michael
I'll second and third the great looking crease and pinches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remytwotimes