Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yes, OWA is very enjoyable, HJ.

The only problem is that like many Buffalo Trace products, the 107 proof version is getting hard to find around here. Plenty of the 80 proof, but that's not as nice.

Our local Specs store has some but locked away with the George T Stag and other unaffordable Bourbons. It's on allocation, one bottle per customer.

Super quality wheated Bourbon for $23 though.

Eliesti

A-List Customer
Akubra Fed IV

aca87c5ab3d89b1b83092a3b816335b1.jpg
afd884979c4b9436bd312f1e54e3be6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday we were in Reggio Emilia to visit some exhibitions of photography.
The mains were dedicated to Italian landscape saw from different authors and a magnificent retrospective of Walker Evans and his work for the illustrated magazines of the 40, 50 and 60 (Fortune, Vanity Fair and so on)
33jjw91.jpg

The day was particularly hot. Almost the first summer day of 2016.
2nti4na.jpg

The hat is a panama bought by PHD. The quality is Fino
2ahvbit.jpg

A pleasant day full of new photographers and a beautiful view of the work of Walker Evans. A giant

Thanks for the nice comments on the sharkgill Borsalino of Friday .... but now it seems only time for straw hats
Have a nice Sunday

Yes, OWA is very enjoyable, HJ.

The only problem is that like many Buffalo Trace products, the 107 proof version is getting hard to find around here. Plenty of the 80 proof, but that's not as nice.

Our local Specs store has some but locked away with the George T Stag and other unaffordable Bourbons. It's on allocation, one bottle per customer.

Super quality wheated Bourbon for $23 though.
I've only purchased OWA by the drink so far; haven't tried to buy a bottle. Of the antique series OWA is all I've tried; haven't tried the George T. Stagg. And I have a bottle of Buffalo Trace that's been open for a while.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Gotta find another job. Mandated 12 hour days, plus Saturdays, are killing my FL time. I've been missing out on a lot of good stuff here. Nice collection of lids from everyone!

Anyway, here's one that I don't wear too often because of its narrow 2 1/2 brim width. I prefer nothing less than 2 5/8 and no more than 2 3/4 when it comes to fedora brims. Still a nice hat, though.

Royal Stetson Open Road clone...
Royal_Stetson_Clone_OR_3.jpg

Royal_Stetson_Clone_OR_4.jpg
Royal_Stetson_Clone_OR_5.jpg

Royal_Stetson_Clone_OR_6.jpg
Royal_Stetson_Clone_OR_7.jpg

Some easy listening with Billy Vaughn and his orchestra...

"Harbor Lights"...

"Sail Along Silvery Moon"...

Gotta add in some Jerry Lee Lewis! "Rock and Roll Ruby"...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hopefully you're being well compensated for all those hours,TJ. Business must be good there, don't they want to hire more people?

Nice "OR", I have a Stetson 25 with no Open Road marking that is one of my all time favorites. Your hat looks great on you, even with the stingy brim.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wow, 75'F yesterday in Minnesota. Excellent time to break out straw hats. I share with you another supernatural panama. This one is a vtg. Stetson. I received it with a spiffy silk pug that fell apart after I handled it. Modern pug is ok, but I need to look for a classier one.

i-VnvDWbS-M.jpg

i-nQvDf2Q-M.jpg

i-48hF7wV-M.jpg

This morning sitting on the dock watching the American Loons out on the lake in a vtg. Stetson Playboy. The Vita Felt hat is very comfy.

i-dzT7RbW-M.jpg

i-scJnqnp-S.jpg
i-TDqBgMG-S.jpg

I am enjoying the sun! Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Both nice hats, Eric. So I assume another month or so and the ice fishing season will be over? [emoji1]

It does seem so. The squatter's huts(ice fishing houses) left in Feb. The water temp is 55'F. Brrrr..... The dogs enjoy a dip in the lake while I still shiver. A full wet suit is needed when sailing the Nacra 17. I have been out water skiing, but try not to get wet. Dock start and finish in the shallow shore water is early spring water skiing. Water sports in May are for the passionate.

Enjoying the relative warmth. Eric -

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Into the 80s again today.
P1180406 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
So the Guatamaya palm straw is out to play
P1180404 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Straw hats appear to be kryptonite for my camera. Always blowing out the exposure.
Throw in some rumpled linen and rayon and I'm set for the day.
P1180399 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good one, Michael
Casual chic in an effortless way. Large brim straw fedora looks great!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remytwotimes