Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Everyone have a great weekend! As usual the hat show this week was fantastic!
Gray Friday day in the northeast.
67f925e04a4734f38e481afd4991f3b1.jpg
b6cf5a28197742eb2ef871665fadd80e.jpg
ec145d41845ef217c5213250728ba9e2.jpg

Borsalino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike5tr, what is that hat? I like the brim stitching.
Mark, I think that will also keep your shoulders dry! A Joao-worthy hat, for sure.
Charlie, the oxblood is a fantastic color - and it's good to see The Smirk.

For some odd reason, I woke up this morning thinking to myself, "Self, what could be the yankee-est, doodliest hat could you wear?" Could it be something named after a great American city? The Dallas, a San Antonio, a Racine (Wisconsin needs some love, too). That classic American hat, the Open Road? Or another classic, the Stratoliner (alas, not a choice for me!).

A Whippet? No, no, have you seen those dogs? All trim and skinny - definitely not as American as the others! :D

I wound up justifying wearing a hat I'd been wanting to get back on my egg anyway - inspired by Michael's late night post. , representing the US traits of devil-may-care, a little swagger, and thanks to that old creepy Hef, some freedom of speech., a Stetson Playboy. OK, I may be stretching my justification a bit. Or a lot.

Picture1.jpg
Picture4.jpg

And just look at that sloppy bash. So...Yankee Doodle.:cool:

Thanks for the comments on my Whippet from yesterday, guys.

Moon - yes this is a fifty's Whippet, mid to late 50's so still a puppy.

Jim - the colour is grey

Bama - thanks!

Charlie - cheers! I love the VS today.

My contribution for Fawcett Friday is my VS Sportaire in Silverbelly.

Great, David! Someday I may be able to participate in Fawcett Friday.

How's come you never treat us by wearing the hat in your avatar? :p

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
what a great morning of hats already ... you guys waste no time to bring the heat

View attachment 47479 View attachment 47480 View attachment 47481 View attachment 47482 Perfect telescope, Mark! Definitely gives it that certain je ne sais quoi! Love it!!

For Fawcett Friday, there needed to be BLOOD. OXblood, that is!

".... I drink yooooouuuuur milkshake !!!"

such a wonderful hat my man ... bold yet sophisticated ... and somehow at the very same time, casual ...

Everyone have a great weekend! As usual the hat show this week was fantastic!
Gray Friday day in the northeast.
67f925e04a4734f38e481afd4991f3b1.jpg
b6cf5a28197742eb2ef871665fadd80e.jpg
ec145d41845ef217c5213250728ba9e2.jpg

Borsalino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as always Razor Sharp.... a fashion sense unsurpassed on this forum

Mike5tr, what is that hat? I like the brim stitching.
Mark, I think that will also keep your shoulders dry! A Joao-worthy hat, for sure.
Charlie, the oxblood is a fantastic color - and it's good to see The Smirk.

For some odd reason, I woke up this morning thinking to myself, "Self, what could be the yankee-est, doodliest hat could you wear?" Could it be something named after a great American city? The Dallas, a San Antonio, a Racine (Wisconsin needs some love, too). That classic American hat, the Open Road? Or another classic, the Stratoliner (alas, not a choice for me!).

A Whippet? No, no, have you seen those dogs? All trim and skinny - definitely not as American as the others! :D

I wound up justifying wearing a hat I'd been wanting to get back on my egg anyway - inspired by Michael's late night post. , representing the US traits of devil-may-care, a little swagger, and thanks to that old creepy Hef, some freedom of speech., a Stetson Playboy. OK, I may be stretching my justification a bit. Or a lot.

View attachment 47483 View attachment 47484

And just look at that sloppy bash. So...Yankee Doodle.:cool:

love that PLayboy Jim !!!

and you have shaped it fantastically .. I assume you dunked it in a 50 gallon drum for 2 hours and waited for it to shrink 5 sizes ?
... sorry ... too many Fosters last night

anyway ... superb example of a wonderful style

love that PLayboy Jim !!!

and you have shaped it fantastically .. I assume you dunked it in a 50 gallon drum for 2 hours and waited for it to shrink 5 sizes ?
... sorry ... too many Fosters last night

anyway ... superb example of a wonderful style

Thank you (bows deeply). Anthony, it thrills me to no end to have a few hats you actually envy.

I'd like to compare it in person to Michael's posted above. I think they may be a similar shade.

David! Wake UP!! Super Sportaire, there!

And Fruno, who doesn't love Yankee Doodles?!
3313462054_a273ba0265_z.jpg

Thank you all the kind comments and "likes" lately, lads and lassie.

Daniele, thank you! This old jacket is a Joseph Banks 2-fer (buy one, get one "free," or 2-fer the price of 1). Not leather, but some cheap faux suede. Again, thank you! And YES, someday we are going to meet in Rome, Verona, or wherever the wind blows in Italy! Italy is high on my bucket list in the future, as we work into the next stage of our lives. Exciting!!!!!!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This is a tribute to Manfred and the Italian Spring
14dnazd.jpg

He was kind enough to offer me an exchange in which I had this beautiful Mayser and wisteria is coming into full bloom
24v5df8.jpg

The color of this hat is fantastic and intriguing
2z53os8.jpg

It looks black under a light and midnight blue from another angle
1zmjfqf.jpg

The wisteria from below
14uvxip.jpg

Felt is magnificent, as in the German tradition
2wfl63m.jpg

Superb finishes and with Central European proportions. Magnificient!

Have a nice weekend
2yx2p12.jpg

Never a cooler Akubra, Knotten, despite your "Neanderthal" start today! Rock solid, sir!!

A particularly lovely look this morning, Esty! I say keep it!!

Fruno the outfit that makes Yankee Doodles (Drake's Cakes) also makes Ring Dings, Devil Dogs, Yodels, and my favorite, Funny Bones. Super lid today, even with the Yankee Doodle!!

What a Friday finisher, Robert! That Mallory 10 looks like a MILLION!

Dlaniger has done it again! SUPER look with that Borsa, bud!!

Perry, NOBODY in medicine rocks an OR like you. Nobody!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007