Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Brewster in "Buck."
20160401_105557-1.jpg
20160401_104555-1.jpg
20160401_104429-1.jpg
20160401_105241-1.jpg

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
We are leaving for a weekend in the
Ardennes for dad 60th.
So sturdy hat comes along.
I was working on this guy for my man.
Not sure how I'm going to finish the brim either.
To bad it's size giant... I like it.

bb306898eb80f8e9a1ba49321a8db1e0.jpg

8b10e62e55fb98f8386ea82acc8d9106.jpg

871d0402cff46d36e775ffe59e36c428.jpg
Congrats on the old man's 60th! Love the hat, great color! Enjoy your weekend.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
what a great morning of hats already ... you guys waste no time to bring the heat

".... I drink yooooouuuuur milkshake !!!"

such a wonderful hat my man ... bold yet sophisticated ... and somehow at the very same time, casual ...

as always Razor Sharp.... a fashion sense unsurpassed on this forum

love that PLayboy Jim !!!

and you have shaped it fantastically .. I assume you dunked it in a 50 gallon drum for 2 hours and waited for it to shrink 5 sizes ?
... sorry ... too many Fosters last night

anyway ... superb example of a wonderful style
Thanks Moon appreciate the love!

Just under 50 years ago, forty eight and a half, to be precise, a hat-wearing neighbour of mine explained to me, that the trilby he wore, with a large brim, wasn't actually a trilby, it was a fedora. OK so the crown, ribbon and everything else wasn't quite the same either, but it seemed so, especially to a 22 year old with no knowledge of hats other than a 1960's jockey cap.

Today my wife and I were tidying her father's grave. We had gone to London in our old MG, there was a meeting of like minded owners. the date coincided with my father-in-law's passing, so we utilised our time by freshening his grave and then driving on to our classic car meeting. In the cemetery, at a nearby, freshly dug plot, was a recently buried: Derek John Webb. Derek was my hat tutor, from all those years ago. I hadn't seen him for almost 20 years. Nontheless, his death has left me feeling bereft.

Derek, and his wife Freda, were the best neighbours you could ever wish for. They were also a wonderful couple, so in love, so beautiful, so inspirational. I'm so shattered at discovering Derek's passing. But I know he wouldn't want tears, he was a now and here kind of guy. Involved in the community, a local politician, a mover and shaker. Every hat I wore, new (to him) or old, he would say: "You're learning."

What occurred to me on the way home, was Freda. How to word a card to the lady who was convinced that her wonderful husband would live forever. He was like that, he just lifted you. Maybe she has already come to terms with her loss, as I said, it's been 20 years. And then I looked across at the love of my life. She's never going to die. Nor am I, but of cousre we are, it's just another step along life's path.

So today, I am being strong, for my darling, this is for you.

And for Derek, I will miss you my friend, but every time I wear a fedora, I will always remember you. Rest In Peace.
View attachment 47475

Thanks for sharing, GHT. It's been said before, but "Sorrow shared is half sorrow; joy shared is double joy" (from a fortune cookie).

Two summers ago I stopped at a local farm stand in northern Vermont, where I grew up. I knew the (now deceased) proprietor, and talked always focused on people. She informed me that the gent who got me into fedoras (in the early 1970s) was in then in a nursing home, just across the valley, but that I should go to see him soon if I wanted to see him. I went directly from the farm stand to the home, and found him there with my old pal, his son, who I also hadn't seen in decades. Eventually, the old fellow awoke, and yes, he remembered me. "The Jew's back!" was his opening salvo, so I knew he was there. he had a black hat on one side of his bed's headboard, and a brown one on the other. We all had a great reunion; lots of laughs, great memories.

Thee days later, reading the local paper on line, he was listed in the Obituaries. Imagine how fortunate I felt! We're all only here "on loan."

miket5r

A-List Customer
This is a tribute to Manfred and the Italian Spring
14dnazd.jpg

He was kind enough to offer me an exchange in which I had this beautiful Mayser and wisteria is coming into full bloom
24v5df8.jpg

The color of this hat is fantastic and intriguing
2z53os8.jpg

It looks black under a light and midnight blue from another angle
1zmjfqf.jpg

The wisteria from below
14uvxip.jpg

Felt is magnificent, as in the German tradition
2wfl63m.jpg

Superb finishes and with Central European proportions. Magnificient!

Have a nice weekend
2yx2p12.jpg

Great hat and very nice colour Daniele

Love that blue, goes well with the tie-dye Matt.

Everything goes with tie-dye!

For a few weeks i find the hat in the clothes box of my father. I think he is from the 80´s. and wool felt.
Austrian Hutmachers

Sweet!
Thanks for sharing, GHT. It's been said before, but "Sorrow shared is half sorrow; joy shared is double joy" (from a fortune cookie).

Two summers ago I stopped at a local farm stand in northern Vermont, where I grew up. I knew the (now deceased) proprietor, and talked always focused on people. She informed me that the gent who got me into fedoras (in the early 1970s) was in then in a nursing home, just across the valley, but that I should go to see him soon if I wanted to see him. I went directly from the farm stand to the home, and found him there with my old pal, his son, who I also hadn't seen in decades. Eventually, the old fellow awoke, and yes, he remembered me. "The Jew's back!" was his opening salvo, so I knew he was there. he had a black hat on one side of his bed's headboard, and a brown one on the other. We all had a great reunion; lots of laughs, great memories.

Thee days later, reading the local paper on line, he was listed in the Obituaries. Imagine how fortunate I felt! We're all only here "on loan."

Good story - touching. And you made me laugh out loud here at my desk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007