Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman, Did you deliberately "crinkle dent" your Disney Oxford 15, to catch deanglen's attention?

Looking good, by the way. I've got a grey one, and I think it's my current favorite.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Big Man said:
Today (and most days) it's a grey Jaxon "Bogart". I've had this hat for a couple years now and have used it as a regular "business day" hat. It's seen all kinds of weather and still (I think) remains nice looking. The hat wears well, and is a nice thick felt that has a soft feel. I'm very pleased with this hat.

DSC02230.jpg

I have that same hat, Big Man....I think it's a fine one, fur felt, and at a very reasonable price. Have had mine for a while now, felt on it is much softer, even when I first received it, than my Akubra Federation. Didn't require nearly the amount of "break in" felt softening the Akubra did.

That being said, if I had to choose between the Jaxon and the Akubra, I'd still give my business to Akubra....They seem to capture the 30's style fedora to a "T".

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
J.T.Marcus said:
Dinerman, Did you deliberately "crinkle dent" your Disney Oxford 15, to catch deanglen's attention?

Looking good, by the way. I've got a grey one, and I think it's my current favorite.

Nope- that's just the way it is. It's got one heck of a memory, too. Bash it any other way, and it'll pop right back into this shape.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking kinda mean there Mr.lucky. This hat looks like the one from Last Man Standing

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
DOUGLAS said:
Looking kinda mean there Mr.lucky. This hat looks like the one from Last Man Standing
Sorry, hadn't finished my third double espresso yet.

It's a GREAT hat - softer than Elvis' a--! But beat to a nubbins. Can't wear it among 'spectable folk!

deanglen

Dinerman said:
Nope- that's just the way it is. It's got one heck of a memory, too. Bash it any other way, and it'll pop right back into this shape.

You mean that haphazard, paperlike looking dent, meaning it looks like a crushed cardboard box, will hold that shape" That
exact shape? As if it was blocked that way? Even though it wasn't. Well, well, well. The mystery deepens. For me, anyway.

ean

LEUII

One of the Regulars
deanglen said:
You mean that haphazard, paperlike looking dent will hold that shape" That
exact shape? As if it was blocked that way? Even though it wasn't. Well, well, well. The mystery deepens. For me, anyway.

ean

Is it not amazing what will keep some minds whirling?

Actually, I'm intrigued as well. The smallest things will keep me wondering.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
deanglen said:
You mean that haphazard, paperlike looking dent will hold that shape" That

ean
It's like it was steamed and punched in by hand. The centerdent portion has the same haphazard ripples to it. The felt is pretty thick and heavy on this one, not paper thin like you'd think. You can pop it out, and push it back in, and all the ripples and odd dents will be in the exact same place.

deanglen

Dinerman said:
It's like it was steamed and punched in by hand. The centerdent portion has the same haphazard ripples to it. The felt is pretty thick and heavy on this one, not paper thin like you'd think. You can pop it out, and push it back in, and all the ripples and odd dents will be in the exact same place.

Dinerman, Thank you! I don't know what to make of this information, but it's priceless. Could it be that such a look was desired? Done deliberately? Making the hat more individual? Looking a little more rough and ready and less steamed and pressed? I think I really like the look a lot.

dean

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
One more thing about this hat: Though I had it snapped up in the back in the photo, the brim wants to go down all the way around.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Big Man, I'm super impressed with that Jaxon "Bogart" If there is a perfect hat for you, I think you have found it!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
DOUGLAS said:
Basically espresso with steamed milk served in a short cup. While I was in Spain I started drinking them.
Ah! Cafe con leche, as they say in Miami! I got it! Love 'em too!

My dream - Sitting in an ancient square somewhere in Venice; Cervo on my noggin, demitasse at my elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe