Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javadave61

Practically Family
Relaxing poolside in the Stetson Open Road.

85ecae4f0379b241504297537b287cf2.jpg

3bc149da70efbcfcc4fae4fe02f5d2a1.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm wearing a fedora I've had for a number of years sold by Millers and called their "Chicago" hat. My grandson has on a non-specific flat cap. I'm trying to start him out right. Now, all I need to do is find a little fedora for him and we'll be set.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
wonderful pic...

loving the family pic today

Big Man and Little Big man ... you guys look fantastic

great hat Big Man !

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
SBG- that's a beautiful Panama. FWIW, my Ortega gets a wonky brim occasionly, and I've found that an iron on medium heat used with a dampened press cloth can get the wonk out. I also have used a small amount of my 5:1 alcohol/wax-free shellac mixture that I stiffen felt with, applied very sparingly to the bottom side of the brim with a rag instead of a spray bottle also worked wonders for taming the wild brim.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
First run for the Appleby today.

Roger that hat is gorgeous ... and you wear it so damn well

the glasses really finish the look off as well

perfectly bashed... brim has great shape ... beautiful color... wonderful ribbon/bow work... just all around a fantastic hat

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks gentlemen. It's one of those hats I saw it across the room at the antique mall and knew it was a keeper. Usually I just find cowboy hats which are fine I'm just a fedora guy!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I'm going with my modified Akubra today. I dyed up a piece of ribbon for it and put it on today. It's a deep deep brown and looks nice in the felt. One of my better bows, too.:)

d0072b1990b311c75dc2208d1914758c.jpg
8d027c7651fd3cff55d130718bb321b7.jpg

Have a great afternoon!

javadave61

Practically Family
javadave very nice crease job on that OR .... perfect brim on that one

Thanks Moon!

Nice crown thing happenin there Dave. Did you do it?

Yes Bob. That's a do-it-yourselfer. It's my 80's OR that's taken much steam and working to get the cattleman's crease out of it. It's nice and soft now. Trying to decide if I should get a tawny or silverbelly Campdraft to keep it company. Silverbelly with some level of contrasting ribbon would be nice.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
JAVADAVE: Like the crown rim and the "dome" (for lack of better word) for the top of your head. Thats hard to do.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

javadave61

Practically Family
JAVADAVE: Like the crown rim and the "dome" (for lack of better word) for the top of your head. Thats hard to do.

I just steam it, pull the hat down on my head, and create the dome with my fingers, using my near chrome dome as a template. That there is a custom dome you're lookin at. [emoji6]

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Lol. Sorta what I tried on my Telescope CD but my head wasn't pointy enuff... :) so I had to use an inverted small salad bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82