Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bob, Eric, Fruno, rogerstg, moe, Dale, Harv, nice display of lids, guys.

Just got back from a local car show. For the occasion I wore my Bradford OR clone...

Bradford_Aug_8.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Gosh, TJones, that look on your face seems like a barely disguised smile left over from being at a car show. Must be tough to keep the scowl going at times like those. Nice OR clone.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Gosh, TJones, that look on your face seems like a barely disguised smile left over from being at a car show. Must be tough to keep the scowl going at times like those. Nice OR clone.

That's not a real scowl. It's just a combination of poor eye sight and the sun being in my eyes, plus a little indigestion. :)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
A David Berkowitz hat? <Groan>

Today, I'm sportin' a Dalton. Not my usual Dalton, though. I lucked into a couple of these guys a few days ago and bought them cheap, even though they're a 7 1/8, just off from my 7 1/4. The intent was to send them off to Optimo for re-block/rebuild. I hate to compromise the integrity of a vintage hat if I don't have to, though. Well, they both came in snug, but not as tight as I had feared. A little steam and time on the stretcher, and this one seems to be ready for me. Still some soiling, even after a good steaming. The other has loosened up on the stretcher, as well. If they don't snug back up in the next few days, I'll toss them in some naphtha and clean them up myself. Might have to do a new ribbon on this if some of the stains don't come out, and the liner is a little grody on this one. However, if I can maintain their integrity and still wear them, win-win for me! Not so for Optimo, though.

View attachment 33757

Happy Haturday, everybody!

View attachment 33758

how did I miss this ?

thats a damn good looking hat

I actually love the shape of it in that pic ... nice and ... as my grandmother would say ... shangad

I love a hat that looks like you just bashed any old crease and left ... just has this charm about it ... love it

nice old time look

bravo brother

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Moon, Dale thanks guys!

Terry, a car show? A man after my own heart. Looking good Buddy!
Oh yeah. Going to car shows is one of my favorite pass times. One of my all time favorites was there, a Maroon and Black '69 Mach 1 with a big block 428 Cobra Jet, (I liked the 429s better but they didn't come out until '70, if I remember correctly). I had a lot of nice cars when I was younger. We used to able to pick up '55s, 56s, and '57 Chevys for next to nothing back in the early and mid '70s. I was always trading and selling and buying cars way back when.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Out of sight, out of mind!

I was selecting a hat for this morning. It is humid and warm already and I need to empty the fire pit, clean the grill and pick up after our small (18 folks) gathering last evening. I wanted a straw hat and was peering at hats early and recalled that I put a hat in a box for "safe keeping. " Duh " safe keeping has meant that I have not opened the box for well over a month.

Finally I am wearing my Tulcan Panama, Supernatural Panama Hat Co. straw hat. It has a really spiffy blue pug which is old. I am not sure if it is the age of the hat. It is rayon material, but age is indeterminate. The straw weave is spectacular and generally a feast for the eyes of a hat aficionado. The fine weave in todays humidity adapts whatever shape it chooses. The brim up and moves in the slightest wind. Lovely, light and cool straw fedora. I will have to consider if steaming the brim will give the hat some brim memory or if I let serendipity play on.

i-shjKrF2-M.jpg

i-ZmsJV8F-M.jpg

i-GHbbJzW-M.jpg

Finally "in mind" today, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82