Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I think Eric needs to come clean with us. He bought an abandoned warehouse full of brand new never opened Stetson hat boxes.

I have on more than one occasion made some cooing noise or gasp when I see your hats and had to explain my noises were due to this guys' hats on the website.

Incredible hats.

Always +1 Here's to you Eric!

javadave61

Practically Family
Canadian Biltmore Rosselini. NOS.
fed5b2852bac2ae0c4d7ab3fd2d5e85c.jpg

I'm just catching up on the thread, but BOB, that's an AMAZING hat. So I offer you this multiple choice quiz... Either...

A) This is brand new and you just got it today and are just now telling us about it.
B) You've posted this before, and I'm just oblivious (high probability)
or
C) YOU'VE BEEN HOLDING OUT ON US!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dave, Moon, thanks guys. Dave that brown Fed IV is the first hat I decided to just put pinches in and handle the hat. I tend to be too easy on my hats and they don't develop character like they should. In other words this crease job is a combination of a simple center dent, front pinches and lots of handling by the pinch - you know, the big no-no of hat longevity :D. I have seen you Fed IV and I thought it looked great btw.

And Bob, that is a slick Biltmore. Looks nice and soft.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Dave, Moon, thanks guys. Dave that brown Fed IV is the first hat I decided to just put pinches in and handle the hat. I tend to be too easy on my hats and they don't develop character like they should. In other words this crease job is a combination of a simple center dent, front pinches and lots of handling by the pinch - you know, the big no-no of hat longevity :D. I have seen you Fed IV and I thought it looked great btw.

And Bob, that is a slick Biltmore. Looks nice and soft.

Thank you. Very soft hand. The Rosselini is one of Biltmore's more finely pounced fur felts. It has the perfect amount of firmness but not stiff by any means.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
moon, I think most folks on this forum would love a clipping from SBG's tree, since it seems to bear awesome fruit year round...your hat tree will be just as impressive if you keep up the pace you're going.
I doubt anyone can beat Alan's hat forest though. That would be a feat.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
moon, I think most folks on this forum would love a clipping from SBG's tree, since it seems to bear awesome fruit year round...your hat tree will be just as impressive if you keep up the pace you're going.
I doubt anyone can beat Alan's hat forest though. That would be a feat.

Have you seen pictures of Alan's hat storage? Hats as far as the eye can see and all of them pristine specimens!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments folks. I am a bit embarrassed with the accolades about my hat tree. I am fortunate to have some sourced and discovered some nice fedoras and choose the conifer background to showcase my hats. I wear my hats. Thanks!

(My wife and I speak often as to how I am a stereotypic Minnesotan of Scandinavian descent . Not belittling others with your success is a serious and constant obligation for my culture. Publicly I am liberal and inclusive and refrain from judgement. In private - well that is private. )

This morning I needed to clean the shoreline of detritus as we have some fellow gymnastics coaches coming for a beach barbecue this evening. I am wearing a Pendleton Board Short and my vtg. Stetson Scoop. Grey is the color for this cool, humid and cloudy morning.

i-RNHW828-M.jpg

In a moment of self deprication. I share a brim up pic.

i-282GRMZ-S.jpg

Thanks, Eric -

Last edited:
Charlie, I believe you said that you have a larger hat size. It's inspiring to see that you've collected so many great straws. I shall not give up.

Right on, Dave, and thank you kindly. Mine IS bigger than yours (7-3/4 or 7/8, depending on he hat) but my search began in time to find a few. Over the years I have been fortunate to find nine straws of various vintage. That number could easily be 90, or even 900 if I was a size 7! Wish I started about five years earlier. I've been wearing since high school (early 1970s) and collecting for the last 7-8 years. KEEP UP THE HUNT!

ERIC, my smorgasbord-eating pal, there really are no words, just awe in reaction to your hat display yesterday. And today! Brim UP, Bud!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82