Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments folks. I am a bit embarrassed with the accolades about my hat tree. I am fortunate to have some sourced and discovered some nice fedoras and choose the conifer background to showcase my hats. I wear my hats. Thanks!

In a moment of self deprication. I share a brim up pic.

i-282GRMZ-S.jpg

Thanks, Eric -

I too, self depracate quite often. :)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
bond that Borsalino should be named David Berkowitz ... because it is killing in the summer right now.... ridiculous

way out of my league

I too, self depracate quite often. :)

But Eric has no reason! Me and you, though, Bob, we're just telling the truth...

And today I'm lovin' that LATTE, sir; snapped brim and all!! How would that hold a "Hollywood" brim, Bob?

Scott That IS THE Borsalino for you, man. The color couldn't be more perfect!

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
But Eric has no reason! Me and you, though, Bob, we're just telling the truth...

And today I'm lovin' that LATTE, sir; snapped brim and all!! How would that hold a "Hollywood" brim, Bob?

Scott That IS THE Borsalino for you, man. The color couldn't be more perfect!
For demonstration purposes ONLY!
ab8df56f3828a522835344cddcc68483.jpg
47383e90e7d4261661ebdf4d9624c9d2.jpg
Charlie, I'll b your guinea pig.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Bond, Bob and Charlie thanks for sharing. You look sharp guys.

Goodness gracious on a Saturday that I actually have free, can it please not sprinkle rain and be generally cloudy! Running to butcher, liquor, grocery and florist shops this morning. I have been wearing a Barracuta and a VS Wanderer (silver belly) fighting off the rain. Hat shows no wear. My face and pocketbook show wear.

i-PZVfvPV-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

A David Berkowitz hat? <Groan>

Today, I'm sportin' a Dalton. Not my usual Dalton, though. I lucked into a couple of these guys a few days ago and bought them cheap, even though they're a 7 1/8, just off from my 7 1/4. The intent was to send them off to Optimo for re-block/rebuild. I hate to compromise the integrity of a vintage hat if I don't have to, though. Well, they both came in snug, but not as tight as I had feared. A little steam and time on the stretcher, and this one seems to be ready for me. Still some soiling, even after a good steaming. The other has loosened up on the stretcher, as well. If they don't snug back up in the next few days, I'll toss them in some naphtha and clean them up myself. Might have to do a new ribbon on this if some of the stains don't come out, and the liner is a little grody on this one. However, if I can maintain their integrity and still wear them, win-win for me! Not so for Optimo, though.

IMG_0976.JPG

Happy Haturday, everybody!

IMG_0974.JPG

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Eric, I really like that light gray, almost silver color of that Stetson Scoop.

Beautiful Borsalino Bond - and thanks again for the extra sweat band ;) (it takes me a while to figure things out sometimes)

Bob, you've got the right vibe and style to pull off the up brim. Me? I look like Otis the drunk when I try it. :) The light Hollywood brim looks pretty good too.

Fruno, that Dalton looks like it fits perfectly. And if the staining on the ribbon isn't too bad, I'd consider leaving it. The hat looks like a quality product that's broken in and has the patina of honest living - like some of us.

I wore my new to me vintage Resistol Herdsman (Stratoliner clone) to run morning errands before the temp rose.

20150808_165012.jpg

Fruno, that Dalton looks like it fits perfectly. And if the staining on the ribbon isn't too bad, I'd consider leaving it. The hat looks like a quality product that's broken in and has the patina of honest living - like some of us.

Thanks. I'm becoming a fan of this old brand of hat. Every one I've seen has been high quality felt. I have three now and I'm looking for more...

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Nice bunch o' hats today.
SBG, I don't believe you are belittling anyone with your success, but rather inspiring us to bigger and better hat addictions. Not to mention the wistful fantasies that such nice hats COULD grow on trees.

Today I started with my OR to go flea marketing

ceb6ced2ab457565d1f7eff93435251c.jpg

Then switched to this little straw I picked up at the Goodwill yesterday. More pics were posted last night in the New Hats Here thread.

cfc67a032c6f279aafdfed0f2175a67b.jpg
83cd3188a5541c58509fc2f82f86babd.jpg

Have a great afternoon everybody!

Eric - there's nothing self deprecating about this photo at all. The deep flange on the 'Scoop' would seem to my eyes make the hat want to be brim up, and it looks good that way, and it looks good on you that way. The Pendleton is the perfect accessory for it.

Brim up for me today, and pretty much always.
4005bc30f845a0793173947fc49b6f6a.jpg

My new Dobbs 'Rosebud' milan. No Pendleton, either. I'm sitting in the a.c. and I'm still sweating.

Great hats today from all.
Moehawk I like your new one. A classic shape, and the band is great. A lucky find.

Bond congrats on that Borsalino. Very sharp, and you wear it well.

Bob, I really like the look of the 'latte'. I saw those here at a local hat shop but they were out of my size.

Frunobulax I'm really digging that Dalton. Nice shape and great color.

Great color on that resistol, too, Rogerstg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82