Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
I'm not much of a fighter.....

Here is a new Bailey Perry, olive mix. It also just arrived today. A decent hat, but not even close to being in the same league, quality-wise, as the old Dobbs that also arrived today. Unless I decide on a new Akubra, I think that I will stick with vintage in the future. In hand, the difference is night and day.

View attachment 23250

Looks good on you!
A hat like that will be right at home on the track.
I hope to make a race sometime in March.

Later switched to this stingy Resistol BR 20
20150122c.jpg

I like!! A classic looking lid.
Did you also get the furry collar for the perfect that looks good.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Beardog, I agree about where to get fedoras. I bought a lot from shops. Partly to build a wearable collection given that I have to wear has every day on the dermatologist's orders. And partly to learn about hats. From now on it's vintage and custom for me. The several vintage I have - well, no storebought hat can compare - the shape and the felt (or straw) are soooooo different. I realize that this is old news to most everyone else here! I'm finally getting n idea of why vintage is so much better, but I tons have more to learn. In custom, I've been pretty lucky with Panamas. And I have a few classic fedoras coming from two makers on the Lounge here. Really looking forward to those!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
That Resistol looks a little stingy to me Joao;)
And to me it is.

LOL! I'm sure that one is in my future! Can't buy too many hats too quickly, or the wife might start questioning my sanity (or what may be left of it!).
Sanity? What sanity? ;)

I like!! A classic looking lid.
Did you also get the furry collar for the perfect that looks good.
Brim too narrow for me.
No, this leather jacket is not a perfecto and the fur collar is from other jacket that is under the leather one.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!

Today's hatof choice is my new (to me) Akubra Snowy River that I scored a few days ago. I didn't care much for the shallow crown and the brim was just a tad too long for my taste, so I modified it a bit. I popped the crown up about 3/4 of an inch and shortened the brim from 3 1/4" to 2 3/4 " by adding a curl. Yes, a scissor-free shortening job (I'm sure Joao will appreciate that :) ). I tried to leave a little of the Western flair and the Aussie flavor at the same time.
View attachment 23259
View attachment 23260
View attachment 23262

This being my first experience with an Akubra, I must agree that the felt is of excellent quality. The curl was a bit tricky to do without any fancy gadgets or doo-dads, but here in Northern California we love to roll everything by hand...:cool2:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!

Today's hatof choice is my new (to me) Akubra Snowy River that I scored a few days ago. I didn't care much for the shallow crown and the brim was just a tad too long for my taste, so I modified it a bit. I popped the crown up about 3/4 of an inch and shortened the brim from 3 1/4" to 2 3/4 " by adding a curl. Yes, a scissor-free shortening job (I'm sure Joao will appreciate that :) ). I tried to leave a little of the Western flair and the Aussie flavor at the same time.
View attachment 23259
View attachment 23260
View attachment 23262

This being my first experience with an Akubra, I must agree that the felt is of excellent quality. The curl was a bit tricky to do without any fancy gadgets or doo-dads, but here in Northern California we love to roll everything by hand...:cool2:

Nice job on the brim curl. Looks good. But, 3 1/4 inches wide still would have been a stingy to Joao. He likes brims of no less than 2 feet wide!

Nice hats all around guys! Eric, I really like that Whippit. Harv, I'm green with envy of your Kevin McAndrew! Is that new? I don't recall seeing that one before.

Thanks Rick! I have had this KM for almost 2 years now. I got it from Lounger Banky. It was gone for a spell for cleaning. It is one of my best fitting hats.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Grabbed the Churchill to help shield me from some of this morning's rain.

c2823ad426b481c3c7fd76c5210f11e5.jpg

c0bd2c5076a2be14c8efcb843874557c.jpg

I was lucky enough to catch a lull in the showers when I arrived at the office, so the hat didn't get very wet. I doubt I'll be so lucky when I leave this evening.

GregNYC

One Too Many
In a cozy, lazy mood today as I get ready for work on this sunny but cold Friday. 8-dart flat cap from Damian.....

9ec3b840fc6cdbb12cd8df7bc518c560.jpg

--Greg

Last edited:
Good to see everyone, and great to see new faces!!

Excellent first time curl, Moehawk.
Great lid, Beardog!

This morning I grabbed one from the top of the rack... the Black Sheep Hat Works "Hooper."

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Charlie, that Black Sheep is sharp! I'm waiting for one...
Harv, I'm starting to respect Mallory more and more!
Alan, I fixed my typo.... :)

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, that Black Sheep is sharp! I'm waiting for one...

Fellow lounger and hatting hobbyist, John Galt, told me he acquired a hat that was made by Bob at Black Sheep. He said of the hatters he's seen, Bob at Black Sheep stands out as a true artist. I've seen his creations on line and I'm really impressed. I'm seriously considering saving up to get one.

Very nice Black Sheep, Charlie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82