Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice one DJH. I've never seen a Biltmore O.R. style before.
David, I second Dale, I have never seen an OR style Biltmore either. Looks great!

Thanks guys. Sometime last year HatsPlus in Chicago were selling these OR style Biltmores at a great sale price. Several Loungers have one of them. The hats were open crown and think they were some of the last Canadian made models before the factory closed.

Hatto - that's a cool looking Resistol

Charlie - very nice Borsalino. Fantastic photo of you with your mother yesterday too.

David - You look good in black. Great ensemble.

Thanks Miami. Love that Smith of Milwaukee

Sam- the CRM is one of your best looking hats

Alan - super old Stetson

ingineer - yes, finally some competition for Alan and Joao in the brim department!

David - sweet little black number :)

Thanks, Richard. You pull of that Homburg look really well

Harv - I don't see too many Kevin McAndrew hats that catch my eye, but yours is smashing!

David, nice Biltmore OR...even if it is Black ;)

Ha! I'm on a bit of a black hat thing at the moment. I have one in the works with TonyB and a black milan VS Dualist ready for warmer weather

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Miller Brothers 5X , new to me, a little too large, couple folded up bills fixes. Along with Asbell blanket pullover.
That crown look massive! I like it!!

It's Black. I hate it. But my son is going to love it. I converted this one for my son's birthday gift. I had planned on selling this to a fellow Lounger if my son didn't want it, but he wanted a Black fedora. This is another Resistol Stagecoach. I reblocked the crown, added a Khaki colored mid-ribbon, and cut the brim to 2 7/8. I feel bad about cutting it down though. Although it turned out pretty nice....(I have a little more touching up to do around the brim. I was too tired to mess with it any more today).

Not the +4" brim Stagecoach... :'( not with so many 3,5" brim Stagecoach Resistols available.... a chill as run through my spine...

Today this Dobbs West. Hatband was offered by ManOfKent from is Stagecoach. He also sent me the Stagecoach pin. Thank you Richard :)
20140325.jpg

20140325b.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks all for the comments on the Akubra Homburg.

Alan - your Acer is in leaf very early!

Harv - the McAndrew looks great on you.

Terry - nice job on the conversion.

Joao - glad it found a good home.

...Not the +4" brim Stagecoach... :'( not with so many 3,5" brim Stagecoach Resistols available.... a chill as run through my spine...
Joao, you have to remember not everyone can wear a wide-brimmed hat as well as you. ;)

...Today this Dobbs West. Hatband was offered by ManOfKent from is Stagecoach. He also sent me the Stagecoach pin. Thank you Richard :)
That hatband and Stagecoach pin complement that hat perfectly! :eusa_clap

Harv - I don't see too many Kevin McAndrew hats that catch my eye, but yours is smashing!

Thank you, David. I love the choice of cap today. Looks great with the scarf and jacket!

Thanks Richard. I have to give Reggie credit for letting me take that one off his hands.

Joao, the Dobbs looks awesome with the Stagecoach band. I really like that look. Good work!

From yesterday, ALan I'm running out of superlatives for your hats... BEYOND amazing! How do you vacation from your bonsai? I lost one when at at three day conference due to a bad babysitter.

Richard the Hommy's a real honey, sir!

Harv the K.McAndrews is SO perfect for you...!

TJones, you have proven again, that BLACK's where it's AT!! Great hat!

Ingineer, man oh man, that is one sweet Millier's Bros.

Joao, that is indeed at hat for the STAGE. Gorgeous!

David has the wind got you nervous? Great cap, my friend!!
Hope I've remembered everyone...

As winter makes one last stand, my VS whiskey!

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good frosty morning from Central Ohio Gents!

Joao, I really hated cutting that brim down knowing that you wanted it. I was waiting to hear something from my daughter in law whether or not if my son would want it for a birthday gift before I committed to selling it. I would have sold it to you if he didn't want it. I'm sorry buddy. The Dobbs and hat band look great. You definitely wear those Westerns well.

David, Ha! You definitely must be on a Black hat thing! The Cordova looks really good with the jacket!

hatsRme, the VS Whiskey looks great against that background!

Last edited:

casechopper

Thanks Charlie, Richard, 1mach1, T Jones and DJH

Ingineer: The Miller 5x is a good hat for you.

Charlie: Beautiful whiskey VS.

Perry: Love the heather felt and the form on that Knox. Beautiful hat.

CRM Sand again today:
IMG_2344.JPG

ManofKent

David - nice cap!

Charlie - That's a great looking VS. I lost most of my bonsai collection one summer a few years back from a forgetful babysitter. It took me a few years before I took it up again.

Andy - looks perfect for your weather.

Perry - that felt looks gorgeous.

Sam - that CRM is a beaut!

Nice look with the brim up casechopper!

On my tree, it has some size and is living in a larger pot that doesn't dry out too quickly. I do have some help with water if we are away for a week. We are rarely both away longer... though that might change with our kids both away from home.

Today's selection:

032614.jpg

Churchill Beaver 100 with Vicuna. Lounge members have encountered a few of these - a thread with more photos can be found here.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
You are a master of the selfie Alan. If I saw you strolling the streets of Buffalo I'd tip my hat in admiration.

I have had the good fortune to fondle, er handle, another loungers Churchill 100 beyond his control and can attest to their swellness. Glad yours is getting some excercise.

Last edited:
Andy The fullness of that cap is fantastic!

Perry what a gorgeous felt, the Foxhound.

On any day... That SAND's a GRAND SLAM, SAM!

Alan I mentioned yesterday (or this morning?) that I was out of superlatives. I need to make up new words for today's spectacular 100!

Richard how much is a tad, and is that in Celsius or Fahrenheit? Either way, beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe