Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pw-9.jpg

Vintage Stetsonian today. This one has a WIDE brim.

Love the Anasazi Andy!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
In a rush this morning, so my apologies for not having time to comment on individual hats...g.durand, David, Harv, (beautiful FP btw), Andy, Perry, geat hats guys! I like everyone of them!

On this chilly a.m. from Central Ohio it's no fedora day :( Headed out to finsh up a roof job...

From yesterday, it was a work hat! No need to ruin my fedoras on a roof job when a cheap ball cap fits the bill! At 60 years old apiece, neither my buddy nor myself thought that we'd still be roofing at our ages! (but something has to support my fedora hobby)! ;)

Me_Roofing_02.jpg

My roofing buddy, Dan...(I have him interested in fedoras now)!

Danny_Roofing.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
TJones - I'm just a couple years behind you and I can't imagine doing roofing work. But as you say, something has to pay for the hats. I wish I had better handyman type skills - as I've been sinking a fortune into this house recently.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
TJones - I'm just a couple years behind you and I can't imagine doing roofing work. But as you say, something has to pay for the hats. I wish I had better handyman type skills - as I've been sinking a fortune into this house recently.
I understand buddy. Owning a home can really tap into a budget. But give yourself a chance. You just probably don't realize what you're actually capable of doing or what untapped skills you have. There's a lot of good instructionals on the net that offer a lot of help to the "do-it-yourselfers". Also, Lowes and Home Depot carry a lot of good illustrated "how to" books on "do it yourself projects"....You strike me as a guy who could probably do those things once you put your mind to it.

Headed out to finsh up a roof job...

Hard work... be careful up there. I'm your age. I've done some cedar shingle roofing on the low slope of my back porch, but the rest of the house is way beyond my limits. We did a tear off a few years back. The crew told me that there was no place on our roof where a full 4 x 8 panel of plywood can be laid down. A few pictures:

roof1.jpg

roof2.jpg

roof3.jpg

Last edited:
The colors of that beautiful Twenty actually work well with the new shingles above, Alan. (Unless my colors are off...) ;)

Limited time to pop in today, but from this morning's Steel VS (a go-to lid for me) next to our "Mother holding four" Japanese Red Maple. The lowest part of the tree resembles a matronly embrace, or so thought my daughter as a four year old.

This was the same little girl last night, :eusa_doh: as I photobombed in the mirror, wearing the very same VS Steel! I'm glad someone was looking at the price tag...

Last edited:
Thanks Charlie (and for your nice comments this week). Virtually every room in our house is painted some shade of green. We are either envious, inexperienced or very eco-friendly. :eusa_doh:

A fav around here, too. THE favorite of the latest bride-to-be. Already in the "uplighting" scheme, even. And when I say I feel like a million bucks, I mean green and wrinkled! :D Good to have something to agree on!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I understand buddy. Owning a home can really tap into a budget. But give yourself a chance. You just probably don't realize what you're actually capable of doing or what untapped skills you have. There's a lot of good instructionals on the net that offer a lot of help to the "do-it-yourselfers". Also, Lowes and Home Depot carry a lot of good illustrated "how to" books on "do it yourself projects"....You strike me as a guy who could probably do those things once you put your mind to it.

The two biggies were the roof nearly four years ago, and then the basement. My wife wouldn't have let me do the roof even if I had wanted to. Way too dangerous that high off the ground for someone as scared of heights as I am.

And then the basement. Ah, yes, the basement.

In my part of the Cleveland area the water table has risen so much, our houses are basically sitting in lakes. So water would come up through the concrete flooring. I tried all the less expensive routes which of course failed - and finally went with a company that provides a full warranty that I can pass on to the next owner. But it took some serious work: jackhammering a two foot drain around the inside of the entire basement and putting pipes that drain to the massive two-stage sump pump and downspouts. Digging around the entire outside of the basement and doing the same as inside. And if the electricity goes out, the backup sump works for 7 days. If anything fails, the company will replace anything for free for the life of the house. It cost more than I pay for a year for my daughter to attend college. I can truly say I hate owning a home.

ingineer

One Too Many
Gentlemen;
Thank you for being so gracious to a newbie and for the compliments on the Miller Western.
A pic from yesterday with the high winds with a handmade leather cap.
Made in the USA not the Middle Empire.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82