Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice AnA and Jlee.

Justin, did you feel some comfort from the ventilation? I've always wondered if those little holes made a difference.

AL, wonderful to see those Optimo straws out again. Well chosen and beautiful hats.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Alan, to me, there was a differencce. Not a big difference, as the hat is black, so it retains heat, but it felt a bit cooler, than the Penn-Craft with no ventination! Definately not to be worn on a day that is 80+.

I had to go back out again, so I swapped the Derby for the 30's Stetson Special.

01012.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Al, Bravo on that black and white shot! I'd be shaking in my boots with those fellas at my doorstep. Beautiful Montecristis-- I'm especially taken by the shorter brimmed version with the brown ribbon.

Alive-- I just never tire of that FP. Excellent choice!

Jared, very cool PanamOR! You pull off that flange very well, IMHO.

I was able to go straw today; this morning I wore this Sunbody palm derby. I think this is the only flattering angle on me-- it does look a bit bulky and bulbous on my head from most other angles, I think.

001pcg.jpg

Then later donned this Ultrafino Montecristi. The fit is big/wide for its labeled 7 1/8. Eventually I may get it refitted with a new sweatband. I'm more comfortable with this thin leather strap I tied around it in place of the original somewhat awkward brown ribbon.

016rx.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
That Montecristi is amazing, Bowlerman.

Today it's the stylemaster. Still cool enough in Cleveland for a while to wear my felts. Hopefully it will warm up soon. I need more sun. We don't get enough of it here.

Monte

Practically Family
Excuse me if my days are all mixed up.
Eric, nice pics the other day!
Mayserwegener, that Habig is a great one in your collection. I need to join the "nation" soon.
Bowler, I like the thin ribbon too.
Al, loved your pics and great Palm Beach jacket--very sharp. I am always saying, "Hey, this reminds me of a Palm Beach!"
Jlee, love the pic and the upward brim reminds me of your Stetson's flange...looks natural to me.
Justin, that homburg is a good look for you.
AnA, glad you can find new places to visit with the job change.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Justin, the spezial is a great looking hat I like the look!

AnA, always nice to see the Falcon Park!

Jared, cool Panama with a great shape. OR style looks good on you!

Al, fantastic, pleasing pics as always The Panamas on your head lets the sun shine!

Steve, great looking Habig Homburg on you, I think it's your style!

Alan, love that Misto Borsalino with his clear lines, a sharp hat!

Eric, " My hats get worn and they do get bumped - no pristine, "untouchable hats" for me. " this is the correct setting but
your hats looks always great!

2075rami, a heartfelt welcome here, I guess it's your first posting in this thread. Me seems the Dobbs has found the right head, looks good on you!

Sam, that hat is a granate, love that color and shape!

Orange, great Stylemaster, looks perfect!

Jeff, a killer Derby Straw, that could be the right hat for me!

Denton

A-List Customer
From a few days ago. Knox 15 Tom 'n' Jerry. Suede finish. Wide brim with circular stitching.

The brim swoops beautifully on a human head, but not on the block. Maybe it needs a long oval head. Here it is on the head of an unidentified person.

Later that day, back to normal. Knapp-Felt.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good day. The breeze off the ice makes it feel cooler than the 65'F weather outside. The wind shifted and picked up. That means that the ice begins to wash ashore. The below pic hopefully shows the big 4" slabs of ice that are present. Any rocks get pushed up on the beach or gets taken back into the depths when the ice retreats. Natural seasonal effect on the shoreline. My sweater and VS Westen (silverbelly) make it comfortable to check out the shoreline with a cup of coffee this afternoon.

IMG_5072-M.jpg

This evenings storm and accompaning wind will make for a noisy time on the beach.

Best to all, Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe