Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs ?

P1060594.JPG

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, a great old friend! If you need him he is there!

Che, wonderful photos! The Open Road with up brim looks excellent on you!

Robert, fantastic Boss and Dobbs, two sharp looking hats

g-durand, great Optimo, you look very good under this hat!

orange, and that gift looks good on you wear him with proud!

hatsRme, very nice photos with your Mom I hope her goes well!

Sam, you look fantastic today with that CD!

Tom, killer Smoke!

Joao, sharp hats as always my Western friend!

David, the next generation hat wearer I hope, great photo!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats fellows.

Alan; Great old friend.

Rlk; Nice hats and excellent selection in coordinating attire.

G; The Optimo is just plain classy. Cool spring evenings are made for the hat.

Orange; I like the hat sir.

hatsRme; Terrific shot with Mom. I understand completely about hats without a brum or even a ball cap - they have their moments in the sun.

Sam; Killer Akubra. After owning the bluegrass FL special, I now desire a hat in the felt color like yours. Sweet.

Tom; Knocking it out with the hat.

Joao; Thanks for bringing on the western hat versions. You live in a picturesque part of the world.

David; Grandkids look good in the fedoras. Traveling with fedoras is sketchy at times. Nice travel lids.

This morning, like hatsRme, my yard man is vacationing. In fact I am suspecting he is vacationing with a yard man from the greater Boston area - could be hatsRme's same dude! Hey!! I have been cutting the raseberry cane and bush rose canes that I neglected to trim last fall. Rough clothes for work. My gray 50's Stetson 25 OR has been my working companion this morning. I do not think that I will wear it again when I fill in for my missing yard man, as everytime I bumb into brush or shrubs, which is frequent, I create another unique bash. As the felt is so pliable, it looks like the surface of the moon, with craters and bumbs. Excellent hat, just not a rough yard hat.

IMG_5063-M.jpg

Yard man signing off, Eric -

Update: I went and checked on the melting ice on the lake. Yes, more has melted. A bunch still needs to melt in order to get a sailboat out. My VS Wanderer (dove) is doing what a hat should - providing shade and protecting my head (the lump on the felt crown is from sheilding my head from ducking under low hanging limbs). Since seeing the pic, I have re-creased and re-done the side dents. Love the beaver felt. My hats get worn and they do get bumped - no pristine, "untouchable hats" for me.

IMG_5067-M.jpg

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
An absolutely astonishing weekend of incredible hats and photos, and an equally impressive start to the week. My compliments to one and all! :yo:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
An absolutely astonishing weekend of incredible hats and photos, and an equally impressive start to the week. My compliments to one and all! :yo:
My sentiments exactly.

Eric, your descriptions of lakeside life are superb, as is your selection of fine lids.

Great looking Misto, Alan, and Robert, those shades are da kine for that mystery hat, Dobbs or not.

Joao, I am in San Luis De Sabinillas, maybe an hour from Gibraltar. The wind kept me off the beach until this evening. It calmed down at sunset, though, so I went for a brief jog, which served as a reminder to get in better cardiovascular shape.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Old Friends

Amusing, and insightful how we all seem to refer to our favored hats affectionately as "old friends". My time spent with old friends this weekend was all too short, but unforgettable.

Friday afternoon saw the return of old friends: Short-sleeve weather and my OPTIMO Montecristi. At Ryan's school after work for the Spring play.

With snow on the ground scarcely two days previously, the warmth of the afternoon Sun and a gentle breeze felt sublime.

Returning on Saturday to continue filming with the kids at our new "old friend", a beautifully preserved 1897 mansion on the National Register generously and graciously made available to us. OPTIMO Montecristi.

With such splendid weather we decided to shoot as many exterior scenes as possible.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Catching a breeze off the lake in the late afternoon, on the magnificent veranda.

A well-deserved meal with cast and crew after filming.

I was thrilled to find this terrific 1940s Palm Beach Goodall-Sanford linen-mohair dinner jacket Sunday afternoon, while searching for additional period wardrobe for the girls. This is one of the "Luxury-Lined" examples, with a weave and possibly fabric content that is quite different than that of my 1920s-1930s vintage Palm Beach jackets. OPTIMO Montecristi.

Lovely 1930s bias-cut dress.

Making a few quick stops at our favorite antiques shops to look for props and wardrobe.

Arriving for the Schubert Club concert by our old friends, the Shanghai Quartet.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Too warm in the sanctuary to wear a jacket and tie for the performance, the quartet jettisoned their bow-ties and suit jackets following intermission.

Not quite certain just what I was doing here, but it sure felt great to enjoy the glorious weather outside during intermission.

Talking fiddles with the first violinist of the quartet, the great Weigang Li, following the concert.

Ryan, holding Weigang's breathtakingly beautiful and magnificent sounding Giovanni Paolo Maggini violin, ca. 1610, ex-Willy Burmester. We spent an unforgettable evening catching up with our friends, Weigang Li, his brother Honggang Li(viola), Yi-Wen Jiang(2nd violin), and Nicholas Tzavaras(cello) at the private party afterwards, and bid them a sad farewell to rush home for Ryan to finish his homework. Unlike a favorite hat, or the changing of the seasons, we never quite know when we will again see our "old friends"...

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I am far behind on giving compliments, but everyone looks great!!!!

Today, I went with the Lenox Co. Derby, as this is the only hat I own that has vents at the top. I would have gone with the boater, but the wind would have taken that one for a ride!

00911.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
IMG_20130429_180731_zps30f8bc54.jpg

New to me Panama Open Road of undetermined vintage. It was a 6 7/8 that I got an eBay deal on. Stretched it with a hat jack, but might have to bite the bullet and have the sweat replaced and reblock it to a size 7; it wears a bit high and tight. And the flange is a bit swoopy for me, I like the flatter brimmed ones. Still, the sun was a good excuse for a straw!

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Terrific straws, everyone!! :thumb: Nice to see the warm weather heating up the forum.

Robert, Alan, Steve, and others, nice felts!!

Here is my Falcon Park again. There's a nice little town, Historic Norcross, near my office. It even has an antique store, but there are no hats. :(

And there's a nice little English store called, Taste of Britain. It had some traditional English snacks (Walker's shortbread, Cadbury chocolates, Mars bars, mints, etc.) and gifts. Keep Calm and WEAR A HAT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe