Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
After doing some spring-clean I went for a walk in the park in my Louis Custom and a pretty lightweight getup. It's funny how you get so attached to a hat after you've put so much effort into it... ;)

louis_custom_hatters_03_23_11.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Appreciate the kind words and thoughts, hatophile. :)

Neo, thanks for your gracious comments. I still can't believe you came back from FFest III without at least ONE vintage lid! Amazing restraint and discipline for someone so young. [angel]

Jeff, a smashing derby and topcoat to complement your tux! Sounds like a fantastic program you played. Lara St. John is a superb young violinist. What did she play?

As for the MN Orchestra & SPCO concerts this past weekend, we enjoyed Hindemith's Neues vom Tage Overture and Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade Friday night, and John Adams' Chamber Symphony, the Hindemith Viola Concerto, op. 36, and Mendelssohn's 3rd, Scottish, Saturday night. A wonderful weekend of music to be sure, but I wish I knew that Lara was playing with you...

Alan, thanks! I suppose we all must endure a final, parting embrace from Winter and accept it with dignity.

You look like you were thoroughly in the role, and executing a nice Prise de fer. Are you a fencer? I will post a few photos of my son and I, with Epee, when I get home tonight. Your wife is indeed very talented!

Last edited:

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Neo, thanks for your gracious comments. I still can't believe you came back from FFest III without at least ONE vintage lid! Amazing restraint and discipline for someone so young. [angel]

lol. Thank you sir, but I think you mistake restraint and discipline for a reluctant lack of adequate finances lol.

Appreciate the kind words and thoughts, hatophile. :)

You look like you were thoroughly in the role, and executing a nice Prise de fer. Are you a fencer? I will post a few photos of my son and I, with Epee, when I get home tonight. Your wife is indeed very talented!

Not a fencer, just a poseur. The guy I was fighting is the real thing... it was all I could do to keep up with him. My ballet dancer daughter did a bit of fencing though... she would be a natural.

Samuel

Practically Family
After doing some spring-clean I went for a walk in the park in my Louis Custom and a pretty lightweight getup. It's funny how you get so attached to a hat after you've put so much effort into it... ;)

louis_custom_hatters_03_23_11.jpg

Looking good Mario great outfit and lid. Looks German 30's artist or poet.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Not as cool as Alan's Romeo & Juliet swordplay photo, but here are a few pictures from our trip to the US Fencing Association National Championships in Atlanta last July. :fencing:

Testing and selecting new epee blades for my son Ryan and me. Akubra Banjo Paterson.

Ryan lunging to target.

Ryan, here on the right. In Epee the entire body is valid target, and the first to hit with 750 grams of pressure at the point scores the touch, which is registered electronically.

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Interesting idea. (Jings, does that guy ever do anything but eat???). Must have a look and see if it's available for those of us that haven't been iAssimilated. ;)
This app was made by this Photographer you has been doing this since 2000
http://blog.noahkalina.com/

[video=youtube;6B26asyGKDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6B26asyGKDo[/video]

He may someday make an app for you.
Oh an the guy in the video is Adam Lisagor sort of a famous video director on the net.
http://lonelysandwich.com/

He also does the video for the Put This on series.
http://putthison.com/

Last edited:

DRB

One Too Many
hatophile , couldn't imagine ever seeing you without a hat. They really compliment you.

Mr. Paladin: your hats are always so smooth and fresh looking. You have a nice collection, and that color suits you.

jlee562: I wish other young men would take the time to upgrade their appearance as you have. That hat shows you have style.

Josh: You have a nice, unique flare to that hat and did a great job with the crease. Don't let anybody kid you about taper. It give the hat a little more of a modern look.

Mike: Does Falcon Park put out a high quality hat? That one looks high quality. Is it beaver, or wabbit?

JauntyOne: You are setting the standard for fashion there in France.

p24t: That crown suits you. Not too high. Welcome to the lounge! What's your next hat going to be? I assume you have been bitten by the hatbug.

Dinerman: You are living proof that a light colored hat goes with just about any style and color clothing. Lookin' good hollywood.

DRB

One Too Many
Al and Alan, great pictures. You guys really know how to show off a beautiful hat.

Mike: what is that hat you are wearing at Disney.
gtdean48 and hatophile: great action shots.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Mike: Does Falcon Park put out a high quality hat? That one looks high quality. Is it beaver, or wabbit?
I'm sure Parker puts out a quality hat. He offers both beaver and rabbit. So far I have not had him build me a custom, just do restoration work on existing hats.

Today I am wearing another hat Parker restored for me - a Lee Trail I received in a trade with a fellow lounger.
IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

It was a bit snug, the sweatband was in pretty rough shape, and the sweatband stitching was showing under the ribbon. Parker stretched it to a 7 3/8 long oval and put in a new sweat and liner. He returned all the original parts to me so that the dating/history of the hat is still intact.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We tried to corrupt him but Alex showed the steadfastness of an oak, even for a choice, black Borsalino Alessandria with a Joe Peters' personal discount......incredible resolve under such pressure....

What can I say...I'm terrible at buying the things I want lol. All the hat purchases I've made so far have rationale behind their purchases...I have not yet purchased a hat just because I wanted one...lol

But whew...that Black Alessandria was a beaut'!

To contribute, a picture from FedoraFestIII. Taken outside of the Outlet store.
Mr. Paladin, RLK, JimmytheLid, Joshbru, buler, gtdean...can someone identify the man in the Stratoliner jacket?

untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe