Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
When I got mine, it was a thin ribbon, creased with a cattleman. I replaced the ribbon with one from a clean, but moth eaten Stetson from the same time frame (mid '50s). Mine doesn't have the homburg brim curl that yours does, but it takes well to being worn brim-up.

That one of yours is a beauty. Factory or aftermarket, the vents and brim styling look great. I have another 7xCB- mid '40s? that came in the same box as yours did, so maybe that was the original box.

billyspew

One Too Many
Making use of the 3 months I have off from work and so went on an excursion to London Zoo today... wearing for the first time my Adam Panama...

5556943308_42df7f0318_z.jpg

5556357493_7b29905f42_z.jpg

5556946588_0818da0d7f_z.jpg

5556362337_74e2d8a204.jpg

Thanks, I also like the brim up styling. The hat is currently at Optimo for some cleaning and renovation... will share photos when it returns next week.

Making use of the 3 months I have off from work and so went on an excursion to London Zoo today... wearing for the first time my Adam Panama...

Great use of a beautiful day. One of my favorite memories of London is leaving Toronto in March at 0 degrees fahrenheit and arriving at Heathrow to find the daffodils up... spring comes in London when it should be spring, a very civilized place.

Looks like a very nice straw. Is that a tape mark showing through the pugaree? I have a similar badge on one of my panamas.

cheers,
Alan

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler, your Cream City is superb. The PBR ribbon color is much more pronounced in person tyhan the photo displays.

Today I was out in my buler-bought Resistol Pace-setter again.

ResistolPace-setter004.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
buler, your Cream City is superb. The PBR ribbon color is much more pronounced in person tyhan the photo displays.

Today I was out in my buler-bought Resistol Pace-setter again.

Someday I'll figure out my camera. That Resistol cleaned up great and looks right at home.

B

buler

I'll Lock Up
Nice buler, is that a brown or black knot on the bow? Surprised it took you this long to acquire a VS.

Thanks Bill. The knot is brown, as is the brim stitching (can't really see it in that shot). Meant to compliment the Aero jacket. I've been going to get one since last years fedorafest but couldn't come up with a design. This hat came to me on a drive recently.

B

billyspew

One Too Many
Thanks Bill. The knot is brown, as is the brim stitching (can't really see it in that shot). Meant to compliment the Aero jacket. I've been going to get one since last years fedorafest but couldn't come up with a design. This hat came to me on a drive recently.

B

I've been meaning too as well, but have had the same problem. I think I may now go for that design in Blue Smoke!

Thanks Bill. The knot is brown, as is the brim stitching (can't really see it in that shot). Meant to compliment the Aero jacket. I've been going to get one since last years fedorafest but couldn't come up with a design. This hat came to me on a drive recently.B

It looks great. I am getting better at knowing a good hat when I see it, but thinking one up and having it made in collaboration with a hatter is another matter altogether.

Dr. P, that is a beautiful Resistol.

Does everyone bring hats to trade, buy and sell at FedoraFest?

Wade, Beautiful Resistol Pacesetter! The center work of the bow is a real standout! Is it related to the Adam Pacesetter?

Buler, Beautiful VS "Cream City". Really like the ribbon width and unique color combo!

buler

I'll Lock Up
It looks great. I am getting better at knowing a good hat when I see it, but thinking one up and having it made in collaboration with a hatter is another matter altogether.

Dr. P, that is a beautiful Resistol.

Does everyone bring hats to trade, buy and sell at FedoraFest?

Most of it is bring hats to "show and tell".

B

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
True. It was the first time that I've been able to handle vintage and custom felt......and now I'm a little less satisfied with my Akubras than I used to be lol lol lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe