Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Spring ushered in with three days of torrential rain, sleet, hail, and three inches of snow overnight. With such dreadful weather outside, I thought I would add a few photos from a glorious late Winter afternoon just a week ago today, when Spring seemed so near.

Walking our dog Corky on the path just a few hundred feet from home. '50-'53 Dobbs Gay Prince.

The warm caress of the sun savored by Man and Dog.

Dappled sunlight on my hat.

Reflection of Lydia and Corky on the bridge over the creek, in my sunglasses.

Crossing the creek and heading back home, a final pause to enjoy the moment.

p24t

New in Town
Welcome to the lounge and condolences on having the longest hangover of which I've ever heard!

Fortunately, the green on the face was self-induced, (done it a couple years now, it's fun) no green beer was consumed. I posted a picture over in New Hats with myself all dressed up.

Today, the board members were in the office so we all had to dress up a little nicer, so I wore a nice Stetson Colton I found on eBay last year.

today0323.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman-- awesome.
p24t-- welcome!

I'm slumming it today (hanging out inside the house with my son, living in denial that it's snowing again, or desperately trying to pretend that it's not...) and [gulp] I have to confess I'm wearing my Kangol "pins and needles" ball cap while listening to Beethoven's 4th Symphony. I apologize, loungers! Just one of those days.:eek:

I am so ashamed.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
With the snow pack nearly gone now in Minnesota we are eagerly anticipating a beautiful Spring in the outdoors, but this past weekend it was out-and-about town, in the Twin Cities.

What a fantastic weekend, full of great hats and great music-- a divine combination! What were the programs?

I spent the weekend with Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet, and Lara St. John soloing for the entire first half (one fine musician!)-- dressed in my usual black tux, but adorned with my dad's old tweed topcoat and my recently acquired Clearwater Derby.
0572g.jpg
[/IMG]

What a fantastic weekend, full of great hats and great music-- a divine combination! What were the programs?

I spent the weekend with Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet, and Lara St. John soloing for the entire first half (one fine musician!)-- dressed in my usual black tux, but adorned with my dad's old tweed topcoat and my recently acquired Clearwater Derby.

Great story and great music. My daughter danced with a company here for years - R&J is one of their staples. They performed it with the Buffalo Philharmonic just a week ago. I even had a bit role as a sword fighting Capulet a few years ago. I'm no dancer, but it was a great experience being on the other side of the curtain. I'm the guy in front with his back to the camera... wearing a hat!

r&j.jpg

Spring ushered in with three days of torrential rain, sleet, hail, and three inches of snow overnight. With such dreadful weather outside, I thought I would add a few photos from a glorious late Winter afternoon just a week ago today, when Spring seemed so near.

Glad to see the prince smiling in the face of winter's final fury. The weather here is dismal.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Great story and great music. My daughter danced with a company here for years - R&J is one of their staples. They performed it with the Buffalo Philharmonic just a week ago. I even had a bit role as a sword fighting Capulet a few years ago. I'm no dancer, but it was a great experience being on the other side of the curtain. I'm the guy in front with his back to the camera... wearing a hat!
The only hat on stage! What fun that must have been-- that's a heck of a tunic, too!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
No reorder tags or anything of that sort. The size tag is a rectangular red paper one with gold numbering. It's folded down under the sweatband, which is probably why it's survived this long. Remnants of a some kind of tag up near the front of the sweatband, but it's mostly torn out, and nothing's left legible.

The story goes this was owned by a vaudevillian, and it was put away in a trunk with all his other stuff until I bought it, 2007-ish. Got another hat from the same seller, same size, with the same story, a '20s furry fedora/homburg hybrid in equally good condition. With the other things he was selling, I have no reason to doubt the story.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
New app for taking a daily picture

For those who wish to take a picture a day of themselves in the hat of the day this app for the iPhone just came out yesterday. I started taking pictures with it today. Easy to use and it will be fun to see the results.
http://everyday-app.com/[video=youtube;kVGIiQmChFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVGIiQmChFg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Edward

Bartender
Interesting idea. (Jings, does that guy ever do anything but eat???). Must have a look and see if it's available for those of us that haven't been iAssimilated. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe