Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Twenty

5044495596_bd37c36f36_z.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Here's what I'm wearing today. This new fashion is ALL the rage in Iraq. Simply EVERYONE is wearing this! :) Designer: Uncle Sam. Accessorized with a chic Galco shoulder holster and a "don't be caught without it!" Beretta 9mm.

Me and my new Akubra. Another little "splurge" while I'm deployed, to retain a sense of normalcy and civilization. Special ordered this one all the way from Down Unda'! Standard 3 month wait. Air Mailed the whole way from Australia, mate. Akubra Lawson in Loden color. I was wanting one for a working or outdoor activities hat, and to me, that means a true chocolate brown. Was REALLY hard to judge the colors over the internet, and I was worried that the Loden was going to come out a dark green-brown hazel. But the color's perfect. Now I just have to tease it into my massive Long Oval head shape, give it a deeper and tighter pinch up front, and I'm set.

This is my first Akubra. I can ABSOLUTELY see why people rave about the Akubra quality. And this is Akubra's premium line, using their Heritage rabbit felt, which is light years beyond my Stetson Temple fedora. I'm definitely a sold Akubra fan now. I don't have any more need of hats for quite some time, (I know... they all say that) but if/when I do, you can bet I'll be looking at Akubras first.

AkubraClose.jpg

AkubraFull.jpg

AkubraSide.jpg

AkubraBand.jpg

AkubraInside.jpg

And it all came in this groovy free Akubra gift box, double boxed in the shipping box. Ended up going with AussieBushHats.com, and they not only gave the best price, but threw in the free gift box and a braided hat chin strap to be attached at the user's discretion. A bit of nice felt, too, to tuck under the hat band if needed for sizing.

AkubraGiftBox.jpg

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
daizawaguy said:
Great hats all. For me it is my latest VS light silver mist, and a beer, of course!

Mmmmmm.... beeeer.... (said in best Homer Simpson voice) I'd kill for one of those right now. Got another few months to go for the next chance...

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Wildblue said:
Here's what I'm wearing today. This new fashion is ALL the rage in Iraq. Simply EVERYONE is wearing this! :) Designer: Uncle Sam. Accessorized with a chic Galco shoulder holster and a "don't be caught without it!" Beretta 9mm.

AkubraFull.jpg

The crown height on that one suits you well Wildblue. Plus it seems to fit in well with your other accessories.:)

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Torpedo said:
BJ, I see you are already developing a signature crease style!

I’m really liking the 6pt look, working tonight on converting my caribou Ashland. :D

Today I wore my black Stetson Ashland to an event I had to work (no coat check, so I didn’t want anyone running off with one of my better hats, especially now that I’ve reworked them). One of the gals on my board showed up in a jacket and matching hat, and another gent showed up in a rather decent looking “Indiana Jones” hat. Saw some newsboy style caps as well on a few of the attendees.

IssuesFair.jpg

I was slightly better attired when I left the house; took the tie off in the car on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg