Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_e

Practically Family
B.J. Hedberg said:
Ernest, seeing you in all your great caps keeps reminding me I’d better order a new one soon before the cold windy weather sets in up here.
- B.J.

Yes sir! Next week I intend to break out the brimmed felts that I kept in storage. Especially my Porkpie!
Ernest

Herzen

One of the Regulars
Mr E Train said:
Dan's a master of the backhanded compliment. lol I truly like it a lot, though. What's the crown height and brim width? I have a Biltmore pork pie that has a brim that's about 2 1/8", which is wider than the typical stingy pork pie, but as my tastes have grown more towards fuller crowns, the crown isn't tall or square enough for me anymore. That I would wear in a heartbeat, although I would probably be inclined to snap the brim down in front. That hat would look great either way.

It's based upon Art's Spumoni, so I believe the crown is 5 1/2". I like wider brims though, so I requested it with 2 3/4". And yes, it does look great with the brim snapped down... I just tend to wear most of my hats brim-up unless the sun is in my eyes! :)

Big_e

Practically Family
It's Friday! I'm wearing my brown Stetson Sovereign.
Ernest

untitled1.jpg

Big_e

Practically Family
150719541 said:
I like stetson, this color is nice and better the mexican food Ernest ¡¡¡¡
Cheers
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thank you sir! and that is gonna be on the menu for lunch today!:p
Ernest

DesertDan

One Too Many
Unfortunately I have no way to take a photo.
Today's hat is a dark brown Flex Felt in my usual "Outback" style

Cheers!
DD

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Disney

Today's hat is easily the finest hat I own, a late '40s/early '50s oxblood Disney Fifteen. Suede finish, 2 7/8" brim, crown is 5" to the top of the pinch. The brim is stiff but the crown has almost no stiffener at all and is quite thin and light. This is the only feather I've retained on any hat - just seems to go with it.

5041885912_4bd8dcba3d_z.jpg

5041262581_7e5554a30e.jpg

5042292988_3421e2a1ed_z.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
Salty O'Rourke said:
Today's hat is easily the finest hat I own, a late '40s/early '50s oxblood Disney Fifteen. Suede finish, 2 7/8" brim, crown is 5" to the top of the pinch. The brim is stiff but the crown has almost no stiffener at all and is quite thin and light. This is the only feather I've retained on any hat - just seems to go with it.

I agree, the feather does something for this hat. [funny I accidentally didn't include a feathered photo]

Someday I'd like to own a Disney purely for the name. I can just hear people's reactions when asked what the brand is. :p

"Ya mean that thar's a Mickey Mouse hat?!"

Randy​

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
hatophile said:
Wow, Salty,

You've sure had some nice ones up here recently, that Disney is the cat's (or should I say mouse's) meow.

Cooler weather has inspired me to take more photos now that I can sport felt hats again. I think we'll be seeing a lot of nice hats from FLers now that Autumn has arrived.

Big_e

Practically Family
Salty O'Rourke said:

5041262581_7e5554a30e.jpg

5042292988_3421e2a1ed_z.jpg

I can see why. That is one fine hat!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Ernest

Big_e

Practically Family
Neophyte said:
You might be able to tell that my camera doesn't deal with bright sunlight very well. Oh well, at least my hat does lol:

TheSearchForBluegrassGreen.jpg

I'm not really a fan of the thin ribbon but you wear that hat with so well that I'll make an exception.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Ernest

DRB

One Too Many
Neophyte: that is a great color and style for you.

Ernest: I see you are starting the year out with a bang! I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88