Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
My Stetson Nostalgia

Like the ironclads did to sailing ships, this hat has made all others in my current collection obsolete. Still working on the front pinch and the brim. Posted some photos of just the hat over in the Nostalgia thread.

DSCF1027.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
great color combo, goes great together. you have a couple of hat's I've seen in that "shape" you can really pull off a shorter crown.

Thank you Sir! I have determined that I want all my dress hats to be 2 1/8 inch brims. I only have one larger brimmed hat - my VS Whiskey Dimensional brim 21/2 x 2 5/8 with slightly lower crown. It is my everyday hat, love it.

For for the dressier look, I have to stick to my 2 1/8 size brim with low crown due to having a smaller frame. I don't dress for the vintage look. I dress for the spiffy look. I have an Optimo 1000 coming soon. 2 1/8 inch brim/low crown of course.

I think I am in my mid-life crisis. I sold my farm. Don't have anymore animals, so now I just try to improve my appearance, instead of buying sports cars.

BTW: that Empire hat looks really good on you. Do you have any others to show us?

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Herzen said:
Thank you(?)lol

Dan's a master of the backhanded compliment. lol I truly like it a lot, though. What's the crown height and brim width? I have a Biltmore pork pie that has a brim that's about 2 1/8", which is wider than the typical stingy pork pie, but as my tastes have grown more towards fuller crowns, the crown isn't tall or square enough for me anymore. That I would wear in a heartbeat, although I would probably be inclined to snap the brim down in front. That hat would look great either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth