Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deenis

Familiar Face
jimmy the lid said:
Please forgive me for the multiple posts here today, but I am pretty jazzed with the new Mallory. Just got done creasing, so thought I'd post a couple of noggin shots here. I mentioned in the New Hats thread that the color of this hat is a kind of steel blue with a lavender undertone. It's one of those lids that changes color, depending on the lighting. The first photo here is taken outdoors in the shade. The second is an indoors flash shot. The flash shot brings out the lavender undertone that I'm referring to...

M10-1.jpg

M10-3.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

JTL, could I bother you with a request for one more picture of that hat? A picture taken indoors without flash might reveal an interesting color.

This phenomenon of hats changing hues in different lighting is very perplexing. It sort of makes it difficult to judge the true color of a hat that is offered for sale on the internet......deenis

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
deenis said:
JTL, could I bother you with a request for one more picture of that hat? A picture taken indoors without flash might reveal an interesting color.

This phenomenon of hats changing hues in different lighting is very perplexing. It sort of makes it difficult to judge the true color of a hat that is offered for sale on the internet......deenis

Hi, Deenis --

Because the flash is used at close range in the lower photo in your post, it tends to wash out the color quite a bit. In this case, however, what shows up truly is a reflection of the lavender undertone, which is more subtly present when the hat is viewed in daylight.

The top picture in your post shows the hat in shade in the late afternoon, and, if you were to see this hat indoors in low light, it looks much the same. With a bit more indoor light (midday), however, the hat takes on the color of this outdoor shot:

M10-Right.jpg

This particular photo is a very fair reflection of how the hat generally appears, both indoors and outdoors -- although, in lower light, the hat really does take on the darker shade.

Cheers,
JtL

LordBest

Practically Family
I had to wear my Federation IV to university today due to threat of heavy rain. Much giggling ensued when I walked into my lecture on Egyptian archaeology. Unnecessary as it turned out, the moment I stepped out the skies cleared and Melbourne's worst in a century or more seemed a distant memory.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A two hat day today; my black Royal Scot for church this morning:

ScottandStrat002.jpg

And my green Stratoliner headed out to the hospital to visit one of my guys and his wife, who just had a baby:

ScottandStrat001.jpg

Great hats all around this weekend again. Too many to comment on individually, but Jimmy, I do like that Mallory and its color shifting!

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Michaelshane said:
Wore this OR to church today....

4410195820_94a5bb3ae5_b.jpg

I have to say sir, that your pictures are great and you have some pretty nice hats. ;)

Along with Lefty the few pictures you post in this thread leave me wanting more but when they show up they are all the more special. :)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
M_Jones said:
I have to say sir, that your pictures are great and you have some pretty nice hats. ;)

Along with Lefty the few pictures you post in this thread leave me wanting more but when they show up they are all the more special. :)

+1 on the first part, and thank you for the second.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
It's good to see you guys up to your usual stuff; GRRREAT hat wearin' that is.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

No kidding. Somene needs to post a bad picture of a bad hat before I do just to mix it up alittle.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mr. Paladin said:
A two hat day today; my black Royal Scot for church this morning:

ScottandStrat002.jpg

And my green Stratoliner headed out to the hospital to visit one of my guys and his wife, who just had a baby:

ScottandStrat001.jpg

Dapper and dazzling lids as always Mr P! You never cease to inspire.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
DSC03103.jpg

It was rainy and wet outside today, so I thought I would wear my Orvis Crushable wool fedora. This is the hat that I wear when I dont want to ruin my fur felt ones, but I think it still looks kind of cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe