Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_e

Practically Family
Rainy and gusty today so I wore my London Fog coat and my Jaxon Pinch Crown. I'm off to get some new trousers and maybe some ties. I'm gonna look for one of those umbrellas with the curved handles, those are classy.
Ernest

Picture437.jpg

Hereward

One of the Regulars
The idea of a London Fog Coat made me laugh. This is not something I have heard of before as an Englishman and presumably refers to the smog we had in London when I was a baby and that went away when coal burning was banned.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Hereward said:
The idea of a London Fog Coat made me laugh. Thi is not something I have heard of before as an Englishman and presumably refers to the smog we had in London when I was a baby and that went away when coal burning was banned.

Come on, it has to be foggy in London at least some of the time, right?

Big_e

Practically Family
Hereward said:
The idea of a London Fog Coat made me laugh. Thi is not something I have heard of before as an Englishman and presumably refers to the smog we had in London when I was a baby and that went away when coal burning was banned.
lol I like that! I'll start calling it my London Smog coat.:)
Ernest

Mario said:
Steve - I really have to put it to you: it was about high time that you started posting some more noggin shots! Keeping those great lids to yourself would be pretty egoistic... ;) :D :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The problem is my camera is not the best for this type of thing. I need to get one that easier - better to snap self pics with.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Big_e said:
Rainy and gusty today so I wore my London Fog coat and my Jaxon Pinch Crown. I'm off to get some new trousers and maybe some ties. I'm gonna look for one of those umbrellas with the curved handles, those are classy.
Ernest

Picture437.jpg
looking good Ernest. I think you'd awesome in an untapered tall crown w/a wide brim.

metropd

One Too Many
My new Christy's in a light grey. My favorite hat.

5 3/4 crown
2 1/2 inch brim all the way around
2 inch ribbon
Strong Medium Bluish Grey, the only fedora I have ever owned where the color is exactly what I wanted.

nickonabus.jpg

Hereward

One of the Regulars
If I saw you on the tube in London metropd it would seriously restore my faith in this benighted world and brighten my day to boot. You make a fine looking figure. Most dashing my grandfolks might have said.

metropd

One Too Many
I have ordered three Christy's before this one and I was dissapointed in the quality. This one's felt is dense and soft and held up perfectly in three rainstorms including one thunderstorm, with not a millimeter of taper. This one happens to have a very smooth finish and the felt did not get a bit course or wirey after the rain. It stayed smooth as butter. This Christy's is very high quality like some of my vintage Stetsons.

I don't know why the other ones were not even close to the quality. Even the same color which is light gray is completely different. This one is a meduim grey with a strong bluish tint. The other Adventurer was darker and had a blue-green tint. I know my latest hat is modern too yet it is vastly superior, like a custom hat to a Bailey! I guess they have no quality control, that seems to be a problem with allot of hat companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe