Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
My new Johnnyphi Royalist Supreme with my A-2.

A classic and timeless look don't you think?

502414762_1767185583_0.jpg

Cheers,

RJ:)

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
Agreed, feltfan.

BTW, I'm loving your recent hat philosophy posts. While I enjoy today's "unified theory of man and hat", it might be hard to beat the "purity of the thinnest ribbon/evil lurks behind the bow". :)

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Please forgive me for the multiple posts here today, but I am pretty jazzed with the new Mallory. Just got done creasing, so thought I'd post a couple of noggin shots here. I mentioned in the New Hats thread that the color of this hat is a kind of steel blue with a lavender undertone. It's one of those lids that changes color, depending on the lighting. The first photo here is taken outdoors in the shade. The second is an indoors flash shot. The flash shot brings out the lavender undertone that I'm referring to...

M10-1.jpg

M10-3.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
jimmy the lid said:
Please forgive me for the multiple posts here today, but I am pretty jazzed with the new Mallory. Just got done creasing, so thought I'd post a couple of noggin shots here. I mentioned in the New Hats thread that the color of this hat is a kind of steel blue with a lavender undertone. It's one of those lids that changes color, depending on the lighting. The first photo here is taken outdoors in the shade. The second is an indoors flash shot. The flash shot brings out the lavender undertone that I'm referring to...

M10-1.jpg

M10-3.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Fantastic lid, Jimmy! The lines and color tone on this one are elegant and beautiful. You must be proud of that one!

RJ:)

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
I mentioned in the New Hats thread that the color of this hat is a kind of steel blue with a lavender undertone. It's one of those lids that changes color, depending on the lighting.
They sure don't grow beavers like they used to.

Seriously, anyone have a guess or know how this comes about?
Is it a blend of different colored fur? I result of the chemicals used,
much like those blue haired old ladies we see around? Another great
reason to buy vintage!

And, ah, nice hat JtL.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Please forgive me for the multiple posts here today, but I am pretty jazzed with the new Mallory.

I wondered what you were doing in that 3x when a new lid had just arrived. That's a great color. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I suppose that's a short sleeve shirt too? :rolleyes:

That Dobbs is looking real good. I sent mine off to Mike on Monday for him to reflange like that too. I know you'll be wearing mine for the drive over to Monteagle even if you have to tie it on with a string. I saw what you and John did to Tom's hat.:eek: lol lol lol lol
:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, gentlemen, for the comments on the Mallory 10. Much appreciated. :)

I think this one is destined to become a favorite.

Cheers,
JtL

Hereward

One of the Regulars
I visit Germany and Austria every year and must have a look at the markets there, especially if this is the sort of hat one can find. Truly a fine example.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
In your easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it,
You'll be the grandest lady in the easter parade.
I'll be all in clover and when they look you over,
I'll be the proudest fellow in the easter parade.
On the avenue, fifth avenue, the photographers will snap us,
And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure.
Oh, I could write a sonnet about your easter bonnet,
And of the girl I'm taking to the easter parade

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
My first hat pic

Okay, I tried to post this Friday, but had trouble, so I'm trying again today. This is my first hat pic...its a vintage Royal Stetson...that's all I know about it. If anyone can tell me more(i.e. style, possible decade, etc.), I'd be much obliged!
RoyalStetson.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe