Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Monte

Practically Family
That Knox 100 is a real peach. Wow. -- I ordered a gray Agnoulita Ulysses, but changed everything on it in the 11th hour, and they came through! The enclosed, canned hat was a little humdrum. I received these pics of the hat they will be shipping shortly. ...shortly shipping, mailing any minute, and in the post punctually. I'm doubly excited because this one is beaver, which my Navy one is not. As a last thought, I think I might wear this hat a bit more since it resembles more of the modern styles you might see. My Navy tall crown is quite the hat and I've not been grabbing it as much as I thought I would.
Screenshot_20240731_070824_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240731_072555_Chrome.jpg

I forgot that this site doesn’t allow even the buyer access to the pics after purchase and I didn’t archive them. I seldom show more than the sweatband in this thread anyway. :p

The O’Farrell is around a size 7-1/8 and I ‘m hoping that the “across” measurement of the Montecristi from the Panama Hat Co. of Hawaii is the width. Worth a gamble for a $30 hat (I had a $15-off coupon).

View attachment 624985

My daughter stole the O’Farrell (pure beaver from the Santa Fe location) just as I unboxed it. Then she found this and is contemplating getting the reward!

IMG_4821.jpeg

I blanked out the customer info on the card and sweatband so you guys don’t call the “owner” either. ;-)

Last edited:

RickP

Practically Family
I was looking at the wall and decided lately that I was really short on light grey hats. (plenty of silverbelly but no greys) Solved that problem by finding a grey Beaver Brand and an Adam . Just crossing my fingers that they dont arrive flat in an envelope, vaccum packed, or rolled up in a tube lol. Over time, Ive been pleasantly surprised with the quality and fit of some relatively modest fur hats. Ive acquired several modest hats because the price was right and they gave me something to practice on.... most have found their place on the wall and are in no danger of being sold. Always nice to have something thats just a bit different, and something you dont have to worry about in bad weather... Will see if my luck continues. Particularly looking forward to the Sharks-gill ribbon on the Adam. Its really similar to one of my grandfathers missing hats had.

adam.jpg
beaver.jpg

Granville

One of the Regulars
Disney! I just purchased an Adam at 7 1/4 and it fit (I usually go for the 3/8), so I decided to roll the dice again with this Disney Double Eagle. I asked the seller about the brim width (looks right for me - you know I like 'em stingier than broader) but he never wrote back. But looking at the photos and assuming a two inch ribbon, it shouldn't be any wider than two inches, and I'm hoping an /8 or two shorter. So, taking chances on size, brim, and of course color is always a gamble(described as grey), and very aware that this lid was getting plenty of views, watchers, and supposedly was already sitting in someone's cart -- I pounced. Having read the raves about Disney here (Just one bad comment about "newer" ones by Dorfman), I'm pretty excited. AND a cool box! From Broadstreet's store, which went out of biz in '73, so it's at least that old. Certainly not the kind of vintage most of you loungers go for, but I dig the sixties lids; hey, I'm just trying to look like my dad!

d1.jpg
Dtip.jpg
DdoubleEagle.jpg
dbox.jpg

RickP

Practically Family
Really DIDNT need ANOTHER hat this week, but a 7 1/4 long oval open road in good shape was too good to pass up, My other open roads have been altered to be more more fedora-ish... but Im thinking I may leave the cattlemans crease intact on this one...just smooth out some dents... looks like a short 2 1/2" brim...we shall see next week!

orlo.jpg
oplo2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads