Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_3303.jpg

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Well done everyone! And Smithy - very dashing!

Here's from a few years ago. This photo was sort of an accident, but it sticks with me. Sorry for the junky quality.

domestic.jpg

misslizzy

New in Town
Dumbjaw said:
Interesting thread! And HUGE!

I had to take a day out of work today as not feeling well and been browsing FL. This thread has been a great read - some very handsome guys and lovely girls. It only seems fair to post a pic as I've nosed my way round all yours for about 2 hours!

Here's me!

fc8e0087.jpg

And here's me and hubby 52 days ago...

LC-176.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:
Ok finally, I thought I'd post a pic of myself, it's from November last year when we were off to a vintage fancy dress party. Yup, so this is what Smithy looks like...

tim-sepia.jpg

"Get your hands out of your pockets, soldier!" lol

Looking sharp Smithy! :eusa_clap

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
erikb02809 said:
Yup! The picture doesn't do it justice either. In person, its got this neat, otherwordly yet tasteful blue-ish green glow to the highlights.

The museum has a lot of Leyendecker works on display, but the one in the picture is my favorite.

Ericatwork.jpg

*eyes tearing up*

I just want to look at the stair rail for about an hour or so...Wow!
Oh, and you look swell too :D

LD

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Harp said:
"Get your hands out of your pockets, soldier!" lol

Looking sharp Smithy! :eusa_clap

Thanks Harp.

And Marc, great pic but I can't get over the colour of those mountains, looks surreal with snow on them. Pretty part of the world obviously.

Well, our colleagues over in the WWII section have already seen my ugly puss (and even uglier definition of "personal protection", but here goes:

db-tsmg.jpg

Overcoat's a London Fog, Thompson's owned by a friend in the Greater Portland, OR area. Photo shot while I was visiting his private collection and workshop, right after we got back from the machine-gun range. Now that's my kind of "rock and roll"...

As for hats, I've owned assorted commemorative Indiana Jones fedoras, but can't wear them as they don't fit with the "uniform". Still looking for the perfect 5-star field marshal's cap at a price agreeable with a college student's budget...

EDITED to note: the only thing "vintage" in this photo (other'n' my accrued wear and tear beneath the skin) is the Thompson. I'm too hard on wardrobe and equipment alike in normal operations to be able to do anything other than "vintage-styled new-production" or at best NOS. ("New condition, Old Stock.")

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
I posted this a few days ago in the Powder Room; now that I've taken the plunge I might as well add it to the "official" thread.

DSC01193.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe