Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Duper

Practically Family
Jameson Irish Whiskey on ice. Better that than Jimmie Walker (Red or Black). How does Jameson rate against the other major Irish whiskey's if I was browsing the liquor store shelves?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Guinness Black Lager.
Actually it's not bad, a stronger taste than average "amber" colored beer, but not quite as strong as a Stout.
Dark in color, as the name implies.
If I couldn't find Guinness Extra Stout, and the unbelievable happened (out of Killians Irish Red too), this is a good substitute.
In the "make your own 6 pack" choices, was a number of beers I didn't know about.
One was Budweiser Black Crown. Uh no.
Them Steampunk something, and a few others I'm not sure are brewed in a real brewery.
After this week of drinking beers, I'll be happy to go back to the 5 Guinness Extra Stout I still have in the fridge.

Why pollute a good drink with coconut water? Just fix a REAL Mai Tai the way Trader Vic did in 1947. :cheers1:

ytura3ep.jpg

I like the mai tais quite a bit. But usually when I'm in a serious mixing mood I like zombies.
I also like p.c.s but the thick milkshaky kind can get a little heavy fast (and lay a headache on). Coconut water and fresh pineapple juice with light bacardi should make a fairly guzzleable summer afternoon snack.

Tonight I'm having a couple of the sierra-nevada ruthless ryes

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

ytura3ep.jpg

I like the mai tais quite a bit. But usually when I'm in a serious mixing mood I like zombies.
I also like p.c.s but the thick milkshaky kind can get a little heavy fast (and lay a headache on). Coconut water and fresh pineapple juice with light bacardi should make a fairly guzzleable summer afternoon snack.

Tonight I'm having a couple of the sierra-nevada ruthless ryes.

Are you sure you have had a REAL Mai Tai.
[h=3]The Original from 1944[/h]
  • 2 oz of 17-year old J. Wray & Nephew Rum(they still make this in overproof---use that) over shaved ice
  • Add juice from one fresh lime
  • 1/2 oz Holland DeKuyper Orange Curaçao
  • 1/4 oz Trader Vic's Rock Candy Syrup
  • 1/2 oz French Garnier Orgeat Syrup
Method:

• Shake vigorously.
  • Add a sprig of fresh mint

Are you sure you have had a REAL Mai Tai.
[h=3]The Original from 1944[/h]
  • 2 oz of 17-year old J. Wray & Nephew Rum(they still make this in overproof---use that) over shaved ice
  • Add juice from one fresh lime
  • 1/2 oz Holland DeKuyper Orange Curaçao
  • 1/4 oz Trader Vic's Rock Candy Syrup
  • 1/2 oz French Garnier Orgeat Syrup
Method:

• Shake vigorously.
  • Add a sprig of fresh mint

Now that sounds tasty!

Duper

Practically Family
Went for lunch with my wife today at a new restaurant here. They had a selection of scotches and bourbons on the menu. I had the Makers Mark on ice. It was good. They had another 5 or 6 on the list I will have to work my way through eventually.

I almost ordered the Wild Turkey 81. Maybe next time.

The salmon curry was good too.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Guinness Extra Stout.
My old friend.:kiss:
Dark in color, heavy roasted taste, and higher alcohol content than the other beers I tasted this past week.
This is my first choice every time.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Bulleit rye. REAL liquor. :p:cheers1: No kissing!:p
Not even Zeus?
Heelers kiss everyone in the family, usually. :D

I bought another variety 6 pack of beer.
But this time I picked my favorites from this past week.
Killians Irish Red, Killians Irish Stout, and Guinness Extra Stout.
Looking forward to this.

Last edited:
:eusa_clap

Actually chose the Killians Irish Red tonight, goes good with pizza.

Yes....yes it does.
Many years ago I had a friend who worked at a pizza place that always had $2 pitchers of natty light. They also had Killians on tap. My friends and I would go there often for Pizza and our friend in the kitchen would always fill our $2 pitchers with Killians.

I drank a little vodka last night.
Since I polushed it off and haven't been to the store today, tonight is still up in the air.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The pitcher switch was a fine example of good, sound judgment. :D
Natty light, I get shivers thinking of that stuff.
I wouldn't even use that for snail traps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley