Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

rue

Okay, it's not what one would call vintage (except maybe for the traditional garrison cap), but it is Veteran's Day here in the U.S., after all...;)

Photoon2011-11-11at1740.jpg

Hey! I know that handsome guy! ;)

Thank you for your service my friend :)

Giftmacher

One Too Many
I do not know why, but people on the street began to greet me and I'm not half well dressed as the others here. Well, wearing a felt
hat is very unusual here in Bohemia, especially in such a small town.
icon_rolleyes.gif

DSCN1626.jpg

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Another great look, Shangas.

I won't harp on the size of the tie knot;) ......BTW, a silk knit tie is a nice choice with denim

Levallois

Practically Family
Wore it a while ago but didn't download until today - sorry the first photo is a little blurry but the hat matches a rust color in the jacket as do the pants with a dark brown. The shoes, jacket, and tie also match color-wise. Fairly happy with the look.

Halloween2011.jpg

Halloween2011two.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I do not know why, but people on the street began to greet me and I'm not half well dressed as the others here. Well, wearing a felt
hat is very unusual here in Bohemia, especially in such a small town.
icon_rolleyes.gif

DSCN1626.jpg

Interesting jacket; is it military?

Weather's getting cold enough to break out my recently aquired NRA label overcoat.
CIMG2011.jpg

Beautiful coat, I love that high-gore cut on a DB. I have a couple of DB overcoats, probably both 1950s, and the gore is a touch lower. You notice the difference on the coldest of days!

IMAG0720.jpg

...Cool to carry your gloves in that pocket...!!!

Thank-you! I had always assumed that was what it was for, but I don't know if that is the case, or if it had some sort of alternative use originally (if even it had any use beyond mere ornamentation at all).

Wore it a while ago but didn't download until today - sorry the first photo is a little blurry but the hat matches a rust color in the jacket as do the pants with a dark brown. The shoes, jacket, and tie also match color-wise. Fairly happy with the look.

Halloween2011.jpg

Halloween2011two.jpg

Nice. I like the shoes especially. You don't often see co-respondents with an all-white top (as opposed to the darker colour round the lacing). I have one pair like that, though mine are B&W, the rest all have the darker hue on the top. Love that look, with the white laces - really echoes white spats (which I had always assume co-respondents in some way were intended to do in their design).

This afternoon I've been working on some loose ends in the office, and am off to see the Damned later on so it's a dress-down day for me:

IMAG0725.jpg

The jacket is an Aero MC. They cut them short and these jeans keep riding low on me, but I kinda like it sitting on top of my belt like that. I don't ride *(even if I did it'd be an old-school, upright-seated position kinda bike), so the extra length isn't missed.

IMAG0723.jpg

IMAG0724.jpg

I think it'll sit better when these jeans break in a bit and the waistband doesn't slip down so easy... Rarely wear the jacket closed anyhow, but I find Aero zips on ross-over style jackets can be stiff, so I close it when I remember to try and break it in a bit....

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
I had two friends of mine over for a visit; two wonderful, young women, and I decided to go with a more conservative, british gentleman - like outfit. I also tried a tie, but then I preferred to skip it. The girls don't like it when the man is better dressed then they are :D I think it went quite well. Check it out:

PICT0005.jpg

To the guys: would you please focus on my outfit! :wink:

Nick D

Call Me a Cab

Halloween2011two.jpg

Love the fabric!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88