Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RLK provided me a link to the Cowboy Photographer website. After going through a lot of the pics, here are the ones I like the most. We'll start with my all time favorite:

LC-S6-110.jpg

This next pic shows my top three favorite creases of all those shown in the following pics:

P1986-41-239.jpg

Forget the cattle on the ground (freshly decapitated, I believe, as the pic before this one on the website shows the cowboy swinging an axe toward the head. Luckily, nothing shows) in this next pic, look at the hats!

LC-S59-591.jpg

Apparently, this is the 1900s method to bashing a western hat:

LC-S59-421.jpg

I think that the excessive cowboy hats of today spawned from the excessive rodeo hats of the past:

LC-S6-544.jpg

I just like these:

LC-S6-255.jpg

LC-S6-082.jpg

LC-S6-537.jpg

LC-S6-212.jpg

LC-S6-256.jpg

Last edited:

Neophyte

Yeah, I posted a link about it a while back. Remember that pic I had of Clearwater Hat's BotP model. It came from this site, as they don't display it anymore on theirs. Thanks for the link, though...it would suck to have to go all the way back to my original link lol.

I gotta say, I really, really like that "quasi-Gus'' and tall "cattleman" of the left-hand and middle guys of the second pic I posted. Most of the others are a nice open crown. They look good, but would attract an enormous amount of attention in a college campus.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
They look good, but would attract an enormous amount of attention in a college campus.

Believe it or not, wearing a "western" hat on just about ANY campus here in Texas these days would attract an enormous amount of attention as well :) You are somewhat of a Lone Ranger in your generation on a University Campus my friend :)

Onward thru the Fog :)

Neophyte

Believe it or not, wearing a "western" hat on just about ANY campus here in Texas these days would attract an enormous amount of attention as well :) You are somewhat of a Lone Ranger in your generation on a University Campus my friend :)

That.....that is true :D.

Neophyte

Tried out the crease from Knudsen Hats' "Badlands" hat. Pinch in front with mule kick in back. I kinda like it, although this hat definitely needs a different brim shape. It has a really cool side profile though.

WesternCrease2.jpg
WesternCrease1.jpg

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
RLK provided me a link to the Cowboy Photographer website. After going through a lot of the pics, here are the ones I like the most. We'll start with my all time favorite:

LC-S6-537.jpg

This photo was taken in Ft. Worth at the Stock Show office !! This building still exists and it is now called the "The Ft. Worth Stock Show" , but went by the name you see above the door in the picture !! Looks like it was taken in the 1920's :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Tried out the crease from Knudsen Hats' "Badlands" hat. Pinch in front with mule kick in back. I kinda like it, although this hat definitely needs a different brim shape. It has a really cool side profile though.

Very nice. Is that an actual Knudsen hat, or just trying to reproduce the crease?
These photos/watercolors are really something as well. If I were to scour amazon, would I readily find books with some of these collections printed?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I think this is similar to the Knudsen Badlands, if that's what you're going for. I got it from Ebay from a guy in TN who calls himself a "rookie for sure." Frankly I'm rather fond of it, though it's a little over the top for my everyday wear. He calls it a "Mesa Pinch" and it doesn't have the mule kick. You can find him in the bay floating in "vintage handmade hats." Charles something or other. He'll do long ovals and various brim sizes and whatnot, if you specify, even if in response to a different specific listing. And I got it in a week.
I'm not the best guy to ask about felt quality, but I really can't complain.

charlesebaybcopy.jpg
[/IMG]
charlesebaycopy.jpg
[/IMG]

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
This photo was taken in Ft. Worth at the Stock Show office !! This building still exists and it is now called the "The Ft. Worth Stock Show" , but went by the name you see above the door in the picture !! Looks like it was taken in the 1920's :)

Wow those are some over the top cowboy hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82