Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Royal Stetson Open Road

Now that I have finally learned to post photos, I'm playing catch-up!:) This is officially my first Open Road, won a month ago. Mint condition, and, based on the sweatband and the liner, I'm guessing that it's from the '60's. There is no "Open Road" designation on the sweatband, but I'm hoping that it qualifies for Guild membership!;)

a1d8_1_sbl.jpg

ad82_1_sbl.jpg

a03f_1_sbl.jpg

BayouthsDept.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5514.jpg

IMG_5513.jpg

Cheers! :cheers1:
Jimmy

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
My second entry...

Just to complete the application process, I'm including a pic of my recently acquired Shady Oak Open Road in this thread, as well...

RShadyOak3.jpg

Cheers,:cheers1:
Jimmy

mingoslim

Practically Family
One of my favorites is . . .

One of my favorite brims is an Open Road with a fedora bash that I got on eBay . . . So how may I join the OR Guild?

Duck

Practically Family
Yet, another Open Road

I now have three Open Roads. The same, but each is different. Here is me sporting my new Royal Deluxe OR. Man is this hat light weight!!!!:eusa_clap :D
I think I am in the guild now.
MeRoyalDeluxeOR.jpg

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Hey Slim -

Great collection! Wow. What is that hat second from the left on the top row, the one with the narrower brim?

Oh, and, gee, what size do you wear? And are you open to large amounts of cash?

mingoslim

Practically Family
Mr. Lucky said:
Hey Slim -

Great collection! Wow. What is that hat second from the left on the top row, the one with the narrower brim?

Oh, and, gee, what size do you wear? And are you open to large amounts of cash?

That hat is actually a Wormser fedora . . . I picked it up on (drum roll please) eBay . . .

As for my being open to large amounts of cash, I am always willing to listen :) My wife posts items on eBay from time to time (including hats I move "out of rotation"), but I prefer to work out trades with friends . . . in truth, some of the hats I have posted I no longer have . . . and I have a number that are not pictured . . .

Duck

Practically Family
Thanks, guys.

RBH, it is all your fault for bringing the Open Road and other thin ribbons to my attention!!!!:D
Love the thin ribbons!!!!!!!

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars

For your consideration, I just picked this one up. It has the cattleman's bash and the brim is shaped every which way, but I plan on fixing that. I do have an inquiry though. I usually see ORs that just say Open Road or Sovereigns that say just that, but this one says Sovereign, Open Road and Twenty. Does anyone have a clue as to why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe