Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos.

zaika

One Too Many
fatwoul said:
Anybody who is still thinking tattoos are too painful, I suggest you have a browse for the following. There's not way on earth I'm going to link to it, because most of the pictures don't have any place on FL, but if you want to see it, do the following:

Go to Google, and type in the following two words:

"Skin"
"Carving"

If you find a picture of a girl with a bamboo pattern on her back, you've found something truly painful, dangerous and permanent.

It makes tattoos look like about as big a deal as writing a shopping list on your hand with a biro.

i nearly lost my lunch one time when i first saw those pics and videos a short time ago. i know people supposedly do it for the "spiritual" value or adrenaline rush (that's right??) the intense pain gives them...but yuck. putting ink under your skin is one thing...taking the skin completely off...is stupid. but just watch...someday a group of kids will be here defending carving. :rolleyes:

zaika said:
I get nervous around needles (one time i nearly passed out getting immunized), so tattoos are a huge deal for me...you know...facing my fears and all that. So...if I, the biggest pansy in the world, can do it without making a scene...I'm sure you could too. That is...if you were ever interested in tattoos. Which it kinda sounds like you're not...so what's the point? lol lol ;)

Well, that's not true. I have plenty of those "apply and peel off the backing" tattoos when I was young. They used to come in cracker jacks all the time. :p

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Cropped. Maybe the "Death From Above" is needed to make it work?
cropped_tatt.jpg

zaika

One Too Many
scotrace said:
Cropped. Maybe the "Death From Above" is needed to make it work?
cropped_tatt.jpg

i think that looks fabulous! the words would really round it out. maybe a different style than the original...but with or without, i think works.
very cool!

fatwoul

Practically Family
If the text was there at all I reckon it needs to be understated, and not become the focus of the piece - more like the title of a painting rather than part of the painting itself. Maybe something like this:

cropped_tatt_text.jpg

The image is strong enough itself that the text could end up battling with it, if it wasn't done right. What I just did doesn't really look right either, but it's kinda what I imagined, using the colours in the bombs, and skewed to run parellel to her leg.

fatwoul said:
If the text was there at all I reckon it needs to be understated, and not become the focus of the piece - more like the title of a painting rather than part of the painting itself. Maybe something like this:

cropped_tatt_text.jpg

The image is strong enough itself that the text could end up battling with it, if it wasn't done right. What I just did doesn't really look right either, but it's kinda what I imagined, using the colours in the bombs, and skewed to run parellel to her leg.

Truth in Advertising:
Ouch.jpg

:p

zaika

One Too Many
fatwoul said:

cropped_tatt_text.jpg

you know what else might be cool? have the artist draw the girl wearing a silk scarf, only have it weaving a little around her, and put the words in that. [huh] i can see this particular pin up girl with a little banner work...but i'm a banner whore!!! i love theeee bannerz...:D

ETA: i see a little scarf behind her there...didn't see that at first...maybe extend that a little...it'd be very cool. to me. :p

mike

Call Me a Cab
I'm a real piece a'work! :p

Hunchback..
DSCN0081.jpg

Man Who Laughs...
DSCN0082.jpg

West of Zanzibar...
DSCN0089.jpg

He Who Gets Slapped... (blurry!)
DSCN0080.jpg

Screamin Jay Hawkins... (twisted strange angle)
DSCN0077.jpg

Karloff the Uncanny... (almost finished Mummy)
DSCN0074.jpg

Zita Johann... (from the '32 Mummy)
DSCN0214.jpg

Peter Lorre & Francis Drake from Mad Love... (almost completed)
DSCN0216.jpg

I have some more, but you get the idea! lol

volatile

A-List Customer
l_78c2ceaea9b0b9f682c542c7698a9a5e.jpg

l_c115c8a41215f5702eea29c3cf9438f5.jpg

bmepb232823.jpg

bmepb232822.jpg

A few of my more traditional pieces (though most of my tattoos are this style) - the mermaid is based on a New York city flash piece from the mid 1930s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe