Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos.

volatile

A-List Customer
bmepb232826.jpg

w6mhg36f.jpg

rca4rd4s.jpg

bmegl064411.jpg

volatile

A-List Customer
TheKitschGoth said:
Volatile > I'm now wondering if I've seen you around. The tattoos seemed to spark off a memory, and then I looked at your location..

I live in Reading, so you probably have (not that I spend much time in Slough!) :)

volatile

A-List Customer
Canadave said:
What IS that?

David

That is *not* a tattoo needle! Tattoo machines use very small needles grouped into a comb shape:

PremadeTat2needle_Mag_2.JPG

More needles for fatter lines, fewer for details. Close together for solid colour, wider apart for shading.

mike

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
wow...mike....your work is amazing! i'm in awe!

thanks! they're done by two friends of mine, one guy in Atlanta, Shane Morton. And Karel Mato out of philadelphia. They come to my house and tattoo on my couch often.. although it's been a slow year since I moved cross country! :eusa_doh:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
See, I have friends and family in the wrong biz..lol. I have a friend who's brother is a tat artist and he hasnt had to pay in years!! And here I set with all these ideas and yet just a few little drops of ink.

mike

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:
See, I have friends and family in the wrong biz..lol. I have a friend who's brother is a tat artist and he hasnt had to pay in years!! And here I set with all these ideas and yet just a few little drops of ink.

I dont think people should get free tattoos, slightly discounted tattoos well ok, but it's important to pay your tattoo artist! the more the better really, what they're doing on you is pretty darn important! lol I like doing it at my house because then the artist gets all the money instead of splitting it with the tattoo shop. Usually one of the two comes over and I book em appointments with a bunch of people for a weekend or week in my living room and after the successful run, they'll give me a discount as their part time manager or something :p

mike

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:
I say "free" but he tips his brother, but doesn't pay the price he would pay if he was getting if going to some one else :p

oh yeah ok then that makes sense :)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
fatwoul said:
and the trend for Japanese text is seen by some as a little passe, not to mention dangerous (unless you are fluent enough in the language in question to be sure the tattooist isn't writing something mean about you lol).

I have four Japanese/Chinese characters tattooed on my body. (When I am finished I will have six total.) Each one was carefully drawn out by me using a published book used for teaching/learning the language (as I can only speak a little Japanese and have no proficiency for writing). My tattoo artist took my designs traced them and put the stencil on me. When I was in Japan two years ago our guide (who was somewhere in her 30s) read them back to me and guess what? They said exactly what I've been telling everyone for years.

Jay

Practically Family
I just realized this thread has been going on for so long but I have yet to post a picture of my tattoo. It's the Army Air Force insignia in color. I'll get a picture up tomorrow. If anyone needs it that is...

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
mike said:
thanks! they're done by two friends of mine, one guy in Atlanta, Shane Morton. And Karel Mato out of philadelphia. They come to my house and tattoo on my couch often.. although it's been a slow year since I moved cross country! :eusa_doh:[/QUOTE

I know Shane Morton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe