Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

GHT

I'll Lock Up
More like comparing a bicycle with a rocket. :p

I would have rather had the XK140.

Mr. Powers, your quote about my MG comparing it to a Jaguar XK140.
This car was seen at a recent rally, admittedly it had an in-line six cylinder 2.6cc engine, but do you still think that Jaguar & MG are poles apart?
Er, the name on the windscreen, for owner read: Powers J. No idea what the J stood for, but I have an inkling that not only are you a latent Anglophile, but you also have a soft spot for MG's. (click on the thumbnail to get an idea of the car's actual size.)
MG_WA_1939.jpg

Mr. Powers, your quote about my MG comparing it to a Jaguar XK140.
This car was seen at a recent rally, admittedly it had an in-line six cylinder 2.6cc engine, but do you still think that Jaguar & MG are poles apart?
Er, the name on the windscreen, for owner read: Powers J. No idea what the J stood for, but I have an inkling that not only are you a latent Anglophile, but you also have a soft spot for MG's. (click on the thumbnail to get an idea of the car's actual size.)
View attachment 17008

Nah, I sold that one. I am lookin for an XK120 now. :p

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Well, I've gone over to the dark side.

Both of my modern drivers re more than a little long in the tooth.

The Tahoe (a 1996 model), probably the last machine that I shall ever buy new is, with more than a half-million miles on it, no longer worth repairing, and the little 1991 Taurus was ( incorrectly, it turns out) diagnosed with a wiped cam.

The '91 Seville that I purchased at a auction (for a pittance) a few months ago was given to a neighbor lady who needed the transportation more desperately than did I.

Driving by our local Ford dealer I saw a cute little 1999 Benz c280 which was about to be sent off to an auto auction. The machine had been traded in towards a Lincoln MK- Z. I asked about the car, which looked awful ( and drove worse) with a set of 20" rims, and was told that I could have it for less than $2000. I gulped, noted that the factory rims were in the trunk and back seat and pulled the trigger. Bought a set of new tires, sold the low profile rims and their tires (for twice the cost of the new), replaced the AC compressor, Belt and idlers, changed the oil, detailed the car, and have once again a respectable modern machine.

Only thing is no one told me how much fun that darned buggy is to drive! A Flivver beats it, for me, but not by very much. I'm looking for excuses to drive to Lansing or Ann Arbor.

Anyone want a clean, cheap 1991 Taurus? Next year it will be eligible for Antique plates.

Last edited:

p51

One Too Many
I've posted about my Jeep before, but it was delivered the Army on this day in 1944. 70 years!
I felt it was wrong somehow not to fire up my Jeep on it's 70th birthday, today. So, I did and drove it onto the back 40 for a portrait. My wife thinks I'm nuts for doing that, of course...
70years800x584_zps6e53e2d3.jpg

The local car show in Centralia WA last weekend went well, it's always a good show to attend. Got placed very close to the RR station so I got to see lots of trains, too!

HubCity2014_zps3a8215a9.jpg

This shot is just for proof that I have taken the Jeep out onto the road at least a couple of times this year. This was for a gas run and to make sure everything was looking/sounding/feeling all right before the above mentioned car show.

Jeepshadow_zps730df585.jpg

Last edited:

1930artdeco

Practically Family
P51, great looking jeep, I have driven them and they are a blast. Although going over ruts and washboards roads at 45 mph does not sound like fun.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82