Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I wonder why they stopped putting them on cars. Perhaps they removed them because of visibility issues, like Gregg said. Interestingly, they still put them on large trucks, and sometimes on pickup trucks.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
I think it was a style thing. MY 30 Model A has one (and it vibrates if it is too windy) but the late 31 Model A's do not. That was when Ford started raking the windshield.

Mike

Had two of the girls out today....

ubajy2a9.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The COPO cars were only available in '69, I believe, and still not as rare as the '67 Z28 (no such thing as a "Z28 RS/SS", btw. You could have an RS/Z28 or an RS/SS, but not both an SS and a Z28)

Actually, COPO cars were available through out the 60s. All COPO means is Central Office Production Order. this was the method used by GM to order specialty cars, such as Police and Taxi cabs, that needed some special options above normal production cars. Fred Gibb of Laharpe, IL, figured out that he could use this to order 50 L78 Novas with the TH400 transmissions. Word got out and the next thing you know, they were dropping Corvette L72 427 engine into 69 Camaros and 69 Chevelles, plus LT1 350 into 70 Novas. Incidentally, my 69 SS Camaro was my least favorite car. It drank fuel and wallowed through corners like W C Fields after an all night binge!

Actually, COPO cars were available through out the 60s. All COPO means is Central Office Production Order. this was the method used by GM to order specialty cars, such as Police and Taxi cabs, that needed some special options above normal production cars.

I meant in the Camaro, specifically. COPO Camaros were only available in '69, correct?

Incidentally, my 69 SS Camaro was my least favorite car. It drank fuel and wallowed through corners like W C Fields after an all night binge!

A first generation Camaro has always been my dream car. It was the car that first grabbed my attention when I first started noticing cars. I guess for some guys, the Camaro/Mustang question was kind of like the Ginger/Mary Ann one.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
In the UK, a single yellow stripe in the kerb denotes a parking restriction. Such is the violation in some areas, the authorities will park a plain van and film parking violators. Park you Porshe whilst you go to the cash point and......................
[video=youtube;-FmIJk-95cY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmIJk-95cY[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82