Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quetzal

One of the Regulars
Wow. I guess now I'm GOING to have to figure out how to load pictures, since there's so much demand to see this scenic print! The rabbit is not very big; it's leaping across a meadow, and there are a few larger leaves near the top of the print. In fact, I think I've even seen the same tie on eBay back when I was looking for ties that I could call my own (rather than Father's 90s ties, which aren't too bad; just too long). Somebody on here may even have the same tie, like the Palm Tree Print a few posts back.

Though I agree that bunnies of any size are better than stripes...

-Quetzal

Quetzal

One of the Regulars
9-18-2014027_zps3c0fcd30.jpg

The Bunny/Meadow Knot-Planned Tie.

9-18-2014039_zps105c2f7d.jpg

9-18-2014040_zps8df69ad7.jpg

My first vintage tie; a Scenic Print by "Towncraft Deluxe", proudly loomed in the U.S.A. of Resilient Construction (better be, I want to wear this tie 100 years from now). It was a gift from my viola teacher, who purchased it in a secondhand store in the early 1980s, back when "EVERYTHING in the stores were of 1930s-1950s vintage, but nobody really bought them because of the then-Old Man affiliation, that is until the Swing Revival in the 1990s"

Now that I can upload pictures, there's a whole lot more to come...

-Quetzal

Last edited:
View attachment 17792

The Bunny/Meadow Knot-Planned Tie.

View attachment 17796

View attachment 17797

My first vintage tie; a Scenic Print by "Towncraft Deluxe", proudly loomed in the U.S.A. of Resilient Construction (better be, I want to wear this tie 100 years from now). It was a gift from my viola teacher, who purchased it in a secondhand store in the early 1980s, back when "EVERYTHING in the stores were of 1930s-1950s vintage, but nobody really bought them because of the then-Old Man affiliation, that is until the Swing Revival in the 1990s"

Now that I can upload pictures, there's a whole lot more to come...

-Quetzal

Nice! Both of them!

Quetzal

One of the Regulars
I always wondered what exactly was going on in the second tie; a wolf appears to running towards group of sailors, some running. These are what "Novelty Ties" should look like; not the cheap, computer-drafted ties. I'm still looking for an appropriate, non-eating (don't want to ruin them) occasion to wear them.

As requested, here are some more:

9-18-2014041_zps0eb18c90.jpg

9-18-2014043_zpseafe215e.jpg

The Palm Tree Tie that I have; found at a Flea Market in South Bend. I was looking as usual and saw a box labeled "Vintage Ties", and as soon as I stick my hand in the box, my hand pulls out this lovely tie. I decided to buy the box; for $4.00 (seems to be my lucky number, more on that later). It was a good day; I got to meet many Vietnam and Korean vets (many veterans live in the area), and a hippie who told me how he met the last Civil War veteran when he was a kid back in the early 1950s.

9-18-2014035_zps6a54e220.jpg

9-18-2014037_zpsebd6c2dc.jpg

9-18-2014036_zps5d6878dd.jpg

A Hand-Painted, nice and wide "Southwestern" (probably made when the "Western" theme was very popular in the Truman years) Penney's tie (they sure were awesome) that I picked up at Goodwill, when I bought all 30+ of the 1930s-1960s ties (people don't care about ties, and use them for costumes and are eventually destroyed; hence I saved them). The Rabbit Print was one of these. I'm thinking that it's dead stock; the paint STILL SMELLS FRESH. Anybody know if this is the original tag?

-Quetzal

Last edited:
Awesome palm tree and western themed ties!!!
I like the colors of you palm tree one - very cool.
I'm also very partial to the western ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az