Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
A 1950s deadstock Tootal 'black quality':
blue-black-quality-deadstoc_zps4b7dc756.jpg

Tommy

One of the Regulars
pleasant find at thrift store today 2 ties for 2 bucks. how about that hunting tie...

the unlabeled one appears to be standard 1940's bold look design and construction. not sure on the date for the Wembley? seems like a late 40's tie, any guesses?

Tie13-13.jpg

tie2b-3-13.jpg

tie2a3-13.jpg

tie2c3-13.jpg

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The day when we no longer have amazing new vintage tie patterns to show each other will be a sad day indeed, but I don't think that day will ever come. There is just such an ENDLESS supply of great old ties out there. Thanks for posting, everybody! Keep them coming!

The day when we no longer have amazing new vintage tie patterns to show each other will be a sad day indeed, but I don't think that day will ever come. There is just such an ENDLESS supply of great old ties out there. Thanks for posting, everybody! Keep them coming!

Seemingly endless because there were just so many made in a period of years when tie consumption was high. :p

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

As JP implied, that day will never come. I've got quite a few I still haven't posted, although it has become harder to find vintage ties in the L.A. area...By the way, what happened to that thread that listed books about neckties? I think that Feraud started it, but I can't find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe