Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Monte

Practically Family
I decided to concentrate on vintage ties today (or close to vintage) and I think I hit the jackpot.
Nine for the day and almost all look to be in great shape and don't even need ironing!
A couple Wembleys, a Countess Mara, some hand sewn with no liner or no tags. Sorry, small image.
Trust me, I've not seen greens and browns like these in the modern stores.
ties_zpsa6eeff1e.jpeg

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I decided to concentrate on vintage ties today (or close to vintage) and I think I hit the jackpot.
Nine for the day and almost all look to be in great shape and don't even need ironing!
A couple Wembleys, a Countess Mara, some hand sewn with no liner or no tags. Sorry, small image.
Trust me, I've not seen greens and browns like these in the modern stores.
ties_zpsa6eeff1e.jpeg

Hard to see, but if you've go some Wembleys and Maras, that's a good score. And you're right about the colors...

Monte

Practically Family
Widebrim, Thanks. I was really in need of some fresh colors in my closet.
What do you think of those tie chains??...
Guys around here seem to like 'em. I don't for some reason. They look a little forced if that makes sense. I like the the plain silver clips I have.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Here's a woolen one I picked up at a 40's market this weekend at our local 1940's weekend events in Chesterfield,
w6qmbl.jpg

2guhc43.jpg

35jxs12.jpg

pretty sure it's a 60's job but it has a 40's feel to it I suppose? it was a little grubby but a gentle wash and iron has brought it back to life.

Last edited:
Went to the local big White Elephant sale on Saturday. My friend found the only 40s tie on the rack. I know. I looked. :p Then the next day at Alameda Point I found a huge box of vintage ties for $3 each. There was an interesting brocade but it was way too thin for me to wear. It looked like a 30s tie but thinner. Perhaps I should have bought it just for the oddity of it. :p
Tie of the day:
651752065_o.jpg
:p

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Widebrim, Thanks. I was really in need of some fresh colors in my closet.
What do you think of those tie chains??...
Guys around here seem to like 'em. I don't for some reason. They look a little forced if that makes sense. I like the the plain silver clips I have.

Are you referring to the chains that are part of a tie clip, and that hang over the front blade of the tie? I've got four or five of them, and the only complaint I have is that if there is a fixed (stationary) item on the chain, it is sometimes difficult to get said item centered on the tie. I also like my clips/bars.

Monte

Practically Family
Yeah. I just found a silver tie pin with a light blue stone in the center which was attached to an old clip-on....had to buy both but it was only 99 cents!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe