Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Here's a tie I picked up the other day. I looked up the patent number, it was patented in 1923 and the Disclaimer has a date of 1930.
CIMG0821.jpg

Next is the tie my friend bought, and we're curious to know how old his tie is. Can anyone tell from the label what era it's from? The R in the circle leaves me to believe it was made in the '60s.
CIMG0820.jpg

CIMG0819.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
So you have tied one on before.:p;)
I got the ties I took in to be dry cleaned back yesterday. One day service for regular price---not bad. They are a little flat for my taste but they will relax with wear. I'll get some pictures in a bit.

If it's regular price and one day service, that's not bad. Regarding being flat, aren't the cleaners going to properly press them for you?

Tie pins?

No but those are abominable as well. The holes were from cigarettes. I think I'll just have them cleaned and wear it anyway. If you get rid of the brown around the small hole it would likely be less noticeable.
I remember my great uncle used to smkoe a pipe and cigars. Years after he quit, you would still notice he had a few shirts with some pipe and cigar rash on them.:rolleyes:lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82