Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I can barely see with all these ties around me.

I wear two quite often...

IMG_6829copy2.jpg
[/IMG]

^^Oh, my word! I'm seeing double! Can you imagine if that actually became the latest "fashion" out of Italy or France?

I can imagine. In reality it doesn't look that bad. All it would take is for some Celebritard to wear that and bang it would take off. I wouldn't mind it but in order to do so it looks like you would have to wear two skinny ties. Not quite my style. I would do the two 40s ties though.:p
Too bad QB didn't patent that look first. I am sure it will come in some time. Kids were wearing their clothes backward for a while---so go figure.:eusa_doh::rolleyes:

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Here's my latest find from Salvation Army for 53 cents. Unfortunately the flash obliterated the shades of light blue in the shields and accented the swirly background which is actually all navy blue and just woven into the fabric. What do they call it when they do that, a jacquard? The only tag on it says Murphy's Men's Apparel Moscow, Idaho. Was it common in those days to have the store name but not the maker name on ties? I've found that on some of my other ties as well.
ties009Quicke-mailview.jpg

Here's my latest find from Salvation Army for 53 cents. Unfortunately the flash obliterated the shades of light blue in the shields and accented the swirly background which is actually all navy blue and just woven into the fabric. What do they call it when they do that, a jacquard? The only tag on it says Murphy's Men's Apparel Moscow, Idaho. Was it common in those days to have the store name but not the maker name on ties? I've found that on some of my other ties as well.

Nice find---especially for that little.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I can imagine. In reality it doesn't look that bad. All it would take is for some Celebritard to wear that and bang it would take off. I wouldn't mind it but in order to do so it looks like you would have to wear two skinny ties. Not quite my style. I would do the two 40s ties though.:p

With two '40s ties, it would look like you're wearing a plated bib...

MissMittens

One Too Many
40s sounds a little late for that tie.:D;)
Nice find. I like the brocade design. :eusa_clap

Thanks. As soon as I saw the tie's label I bought it - Stevens Fryberger. It was a department store from the late 1800's in WY where they sold "New York Style" to WY residents....my best guess is it's mid 30's but certainly not 40's.

I love mis-advertised items on eBay. Some great things are to be had.

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Nice design; what length is it? It was common to keep the manufacturer's tag on the tie. Often, though, one or both labels would come off, depending on how lightly they were sewn on.

It is about 50" long, 4" wide so I'm guessing late 40's/early 50's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82