Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
There are probably about ten. You have yours, the one up to 1955, the one after 1955, The Ties that Bind, The Little Book of Ties and The Tie: Trends and Traditions.

Correct. I've got Fit to Be Tied, The Ties That Blind, 20th Century Neckties (Pre-1955), and The Tie: Trends and Traditions. The first three concentrate more on the '40s and '50s.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Widebrim said:
Correct. I've got Fit to Be Tied, The Ties That Blind, 20th Century Neckties (Pre-1955), and The Tie: Trends and Traditions. The first three concentrate more on the '40s and '50s.

I could have bought the post-1955 edition at the same time I got the pre-1955 , but it didn't interest me at the time. What's that fourth one like?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
I could have bought the post-1955 edition at the same time I got the pre-1955 , but it didn't interest me at the time. What's that fourth one like?

The fourth book is from the UK, and therefore features quite a bit of British, as well as American neckwear. It also has a rather large section on the 19th century (something I didn't know when I purchased it on-line), and contains much more text than the other three books.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here she is...from Resisto Ties.

From The Ties That Blind.

CCF04132010_00000.jpg

I've got a variation of the lower peek-a-boo tie in an off pink, but with a different pin-up.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Widebrim said:
^^Man, right out of da book! Some guys have all the luck!:eusa_clap (How much did you lay out for it?)

Not much, five bucks maybe(?)- I can't remember the exact amount, but it was something comically low. It's actually the second one I've seen, pdxvintagette came across the same one a few years ago, but it was trashed. Someone once told me that particular design was sold as tourist schlock in Las Vegas...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken