Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Here are the ones I spoke about earlier with a few others I had laying around mixed in. :D
brown-ties.jpg

green-ties.jpg

purple-ties.jpg

red-ties.jpg

blue-ties.jpg

Widebrim said:
You had these "laying around"?? If you're giving any of these away at the QM Event, I'll gladly be a receipient! (Especially the eyeglasses specimein...):)

Well, they were laying around. Imagine what the other 1,000 or so look like. :p
I didn't say I was giving away these. :rolleyes: :p I said I was going to bring them as samples.
The eyeglasses one was a pretty good catch. I have never actually worn it. I'll have to wear it tomorrow. I thought you might like Bottoms Up better. ;) :p
The green artichoke, pine cone tie on the far left of the second photo is one of the most unusual Palm Beach ties I have seen.
The ukelele and hula girl is one I like a lot as well.
I bought the flamingo from the son of an ex Disney artist. She painted the Flamingo on the tie.
You can have the thin brown tie next to the Bottoms Up if you want. It needs pressing and cleaning---not to mention its greatest flaw--it is too thin. ;) :p

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Here's one I got when road-tripping recently. Seems '30s, dontcha' think?

{It's shown here being worn by a display so I could take good photos of the suit you see peeking in the pix. A flawless contemporary Hickey-Freeman suit in 42 Reg. which I'll be offering for sale... ;) }

DSCN0538.jpg

DSCN0539.jpg

DSCN0540.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Here are the ones I spoke about earlier with a few others I had laying around mixed in. :D

blue-ties.jpg

Great collection! It's so fun to see other's collections. As many as I have I don't see any similar to your's at all. I really like the dark blue one 3rd from the left with the spiral thingy. Looks like a piece of DNA or something.

Quigley Brown said:
Great collection! It's so fun to see other's collections. As many as I have I don't see any similar to your's at all. I really like the dark blue one 3rd from the left with the spiral thingy. Looks like a piece of DNA or something.

Ah, you are only seeing about 1/50th of my collection. ;) :p If I tried to take pictures of them all, It would take quite some time but you know how it is. ;)
The spiral is actually embroidered onto the tie. It looks like it was quite a bit of work and likely done after the tie was purchased. It is labeled Botany brand Wrinkle Proof. The other Botanys that I have come in contact with never had such elaborate detailing.
It might be DNA of a guy who knew what he wanted back then. :D

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Well, they were laying around. Imagine what the other 1,000 or so look like. :p
I didn't say I was giving away these. :rolleyes: :p I said I was going to bring them as samples.
The eyeglasses one was a pretty good catch. I have never actually worn it. I'll have to wear it tomorrow. I thought you might like Bottoms Up better. ;) :p
The green artichoke, pine cone tie on the far left of the second photo is one of the most unusual Palm Beach ties I have seen.
The ukelele and hula girl is one I like a lot as well.
I bought the flamingo from the son of an ex Disney artist. She painted the Flamingo on the tie.
You can have the thin brown tie next to the Bottoms Up if you want. It needs pressing and cleaning---not to mention its greatest flaw--it is too thin. ;) :p

The eyeglasses girl is featured in Fit To Be Tied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken