Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Feraud

Bartender
Warm weather means Palm Beach ties.
Two for now, ( ignore the third on the right..) a few more later..
DSC08309.jpg

DSC08311.jpg

DSC08312.jpg

jporgeck

Familiar Face
There are some nice ties here. On a side note; I laugh every time I see this thread. Reason being, the E comes off as a T at first glance.lol lol lol . Switch to lower case, or not.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Here's a nice 1940s art deco tie I found at the Goodwill recently. What sort of baffles me is the font used on the word 'Hi-Lights.' It appears to be almost too way ahead of its time, but it must be a deco type. Growing up in the 70s I saw this type used in sci-fi and computer-related films so it's engrained in me that's it modern.

Hi-Lightstie100.jpg
[/IMG]

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Widebrim said:
QB, this tie that I posted a while back has the same Art Deco-ish "HI-LIGHTS" printed on the the back of the front blade, but is from Regal Cravats, not Resisto.

I can see how they are similar. There must have been a whole 'Hi-Lights' line out that year. Mine has no other labels on it. What does the lining say on your's?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
I can see how they are similar. There must have been a whole 'Hi-Lights' line out that year. Mine has no other labels on it. What does the lining say on your's?

Yes, QB, it must have been a whole line, but what's odd about it is that yours is from the Resisto Company, and mine is from Regal. Regarding the lining, there is nothing writtien on it.[huh]

Feraud

Bartender
The "Hi-Lights" font is an interesting one. There was another tie or two posted a while back that had modern looking graphics.

Quigley Brown said:
Here's a nice 1940s art deco tie I found at the Goodwill recently. What sort of baffles me is the font used on the word 'Hi-Lights.' It appears to be almost too way ahead of its time, but it must be a deco type. Growing up in the 70s I saw this type used in sci-fi and computer-related films so it's engrained in me that's it modern.

Hi-Lightstie100.jpg
[/IMG]

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I picked this up today at "50 Hats" a little vintage shop on Queen Street here in Halifax.

4-23-201064425PM.jpg

The twist is just from my scanner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken