Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Feraud

Bartender
Scotrace, why did you let the suit go?

I will try to get a few outdoor shots. The lighting in my home is lame.
There is a texture to the pattern that I prefer to a smooth one.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Feraud said:
I think that a solid black lounge suit needs some texture to set it apart from evening clothes. Just enough pattern in the weave to catch the light and soften the fabric. Black flannel is perfect.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Baron Kurtz said:
Another classic DB. This one, probably early 1940s (though the very tight trousers would suggest earlier so i'm not sure), just about to be packed away for the summer months. Bit chilly still in London this morning, so one last tour of duty before mothballing . . .

With and without jacket. This was as short as i could get the arms and retain the placket. Hat is a Knox Tom 'N Jerry.

Chatham1.jpg
Chatham2.jpg

Homespun, super-scratchy, fabric. Glad the trousers are fully lined. They need the lining!

Chatham3.jpg

A close-up of the fabric. Alternating red and white pinstripes atop classic grey.

Chatham4.jpg

bk

I HATE YOU and your suits!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Feraud said:
Scotrace, why did you let the suit go?

I will try to get a few outdoor shots. The lighting in my home is lame.

It's a great fabric. I don't care for black suits, or narrow lapels. I'll PM you that suit's origins. Were you able to re-cuff the pants?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
nice collection.
Nice suit.
carabiner key ring:eusa_doh: (but with all the stuff we have to carry today, how else are you going to do it?)

mike

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
nice collection.
Nice suit.
carabiner key ring:eusa_doh: (but with all the stuff we have to carry today, how else are you going to do it?)

:p well if you've got a better idea, dooo share it with the class haha

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That's a really neat looking collection you've got there. What all's in it? Any story behind the crutches and wheelchair?

mike

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
That's a really neat looking collection you've got there. What all's in it? Any story behind the crutches and wheelchair?

t'anx! welll I'm a huge Lon Chaney Sr. fan, that's a 1930 publicity still mourning the 'late' lon chaney at that point, I've also got a wonderful newspaper article interview where he talks about life and work and his nonexistant interest in being in the hollywood social circle. That life and happiness is about family and work and nature. The vintage wheel chair is a similar one to the one he used West of Zanzibar. The vintage crutches are similar to the ones he used in the Penalty. The vintage dolls I felt gave a nod to his roles in the Unholy Three. I'm also covered in black and gray tattoo portrait work of him and lots of other classic hollywood stars :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82