Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Jovan said:
That wasn't my point. A double Windsor is simply a Windsor due to the fact that there's another knot named the half-Windsor. I had never heard anyone call it a double Windsor until recently.

You said here:
Jovan said:
Jack: I was correcting you (and making a joke about how an ACTUAL double Windsor would be so big that it would end the world). The double Windsor you refer to is just a Windsor, since the other knot is called a half-Windsor. ;)
...that you were correcting him. There is no correction necessary for a synonym or for some one using a term in common usage.

Senator Jack has been studying this stuff for a long time. He has been published for his knowledge on the subject in several publications.

I really don't give a rat's @$$ about whom you're correcting or what you're correcting, it's just that you go around correcting EVERYONE about EVERYTHING and, really, everyone is quite bored by it.

You want me to call it a Windsor? Fine, Junior, I'll call it a Windsor. And please do correct me on a few other things while you're at it. Is it a hero, sub, grinder, or hoagie? Flapjacks, griddle cakes, or pancakes? Perhaps I should change my accent, too. Work on my schwa to sound middle-America. Or is the Floridian accent the only correct one? Do tell, oh great one. The peasants are waiting.

StanleyVanBuren

BEHOLD THE DOUBLE WINDSOR!!!!!!!

doublewindsor.jpg

Idiotic facial expression mandatory. :D

Marty M.

Vendor
I can now retire.

And here I thought that I've seen everything. Bravo sir. Oh, keep the mandatory facial expression. :eusa_clap
Marty Mathis

StanleyVanBuren

What may shock you is that I HAVE seen knots like this. However, if you'll bear with me, I think I have figured out the reason -- anytime I see one of these, it's on a waitor/waitress. The explanation, I think, has to do with wanting the overall tie length to be short so as to not interfere with carrying food; because this knot results in an overall very short length, the tie won't accidentally swing out and land in someone's dish.

Back to suits, eh?

Another classic DB. This one, probably early 1940s (though the very tight trousers would suggest earlier so i'm not sure), just about to be packed away for the summer months. Bit chilly still in London this morning, so one last tour of duty before mothballing . . .

With and without jacket. This was as short as i could get the arms and retain the placket. Hat is a Knox Tom 'N Jerry.

Chatham1.jpg
Chatham2.jpg

Homespun, super-scratchy, fabric. Glad the trousers are fully lined. They need the lining!

Chatham3.jpg

A close-up of the fabric. Alternating red and white pinstripes atop classic grey.

Chatham4.jpg

bk

Feraud

Bartender
Did ya ever notice that black suits do not photograph well? Maybe my photo skills are lacking.
Senator Jack was kind enough to pass this on to me.
I will probably wear it to Boston and try to get better pictures.
DSC00960a.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82