Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Rigby Reardon

One of the Regulars
hahaha...that's how I usually do mine, a single dimple and a nice furl for each side. I just wasn't sure if that was a modern style or just a timeless one - good, I'll go back to the usual M.O. ;) Appreciated!

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Hey Jerry!

That is one seriously sharp suit. I've got pictures of my great grandfather in similar ones -- he was all about the double breasteds -- and in similar poses. Great look! The color's a great match for your indy hat, too. Brown is a wonderful color -- it goes wonderfully with all sorts of other colors and it's not as "cold" as black. Just gotta find you some brown shoes to go with it! Shoes are always the hardest part, I find.

You're wife's a lucky gal! I can't *wait* to see what she's wearing!

Rigby Reardon

One of the Regulars
MissQueenie said:
You're wife's a lucky gal! I can't *wait* to see what she's wearing!
Truth be told, me neither! I hunted it and scored it, but she tried it on before I got home...she assures me it is PERFECT, but no joy for me yet. ;) She's got the art of suspense down cold...

J

P.S. 'No Joy' is a military euphemism for 'mission objective not acquired/confirmed'. Not a euphemism for anything else...never you mind![angel]

BellyTank said:
I have a similarly styled Continental DB- high gore but only 4 buttons.

Another great suit, Bellytank! German, German, German. Generally, they liked their lapels pointy and facing upward. Also, it's very typical for pre-WWII German suits to have only four buttons. Those buttons, by the way, were often very shiny, somewhat concave, and on the smallish side; totally different from American buttons.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Rigby Reardon said:
Just wait till you see the dress we scored for my wife...not spilling this one, I can wait one more week...HOLLY, NO TELLING! ;)

J
I'll stay mum on that, but will say the dress is gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see it in person.

A last hurrah for these suits of mine, which will have to go the eBay way in a couple of weeks. I'm missing them already ...

A black pinstripe 3-piece suit, wool/cashmere, made in England:

IMG_1161_edited-1.jpg

A blue pinstripe 3-piece suit, top of the line "Bench-Made" model by Hart, Schaffner & Marx, 1930s:

IMG_1201_edited-2.jpg

Check out the inverse pleats on the vest. (The trousers have inverse pleats, too.) :

IMG_1192_edited-1.jpg

A grey glen plaid 1930s suit:

IMG_1180_edited-1.jpg

Not a suit, but what the heck: a two-tone 1930s belt back sportcoat:

IMG_1040_edited-2.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Marc, are you nuts? Don't sell them! That two tone coat would fit me maybe!

Those suits, the blue three piece with the pleated vest... never find another!

Keep them Marc! Don't sell your choice stuff! There's other ways to making money my friend!

=WR=

Mycroft

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
Marc, are you nuts? Don't sell them! That two tone coat would fit me maybe!

Those suits, the blue three piece with the pleated vest... never find another!

Keep them Marc! Don't sell your choice stuff! There's other ways to making money my friend!

=WR=

I agree with Root, they are works of art and should be in Museuem or something.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Veronica Parra said:

The two-tone sportcoat would fit your chest and waist, Root, but I think the length would be noticeably too short. Face it --you're a viking!

Thanks a lot:rolleyes: I'm sure James Stewart would be a Viking too eh?

You never know till you try it on! Art had a suit once on his rack, he said: Don't try that on, it's not going to fit! Well, I tried it on and it's one of my best fitting suits! He couldn't believe how well it fit! So, you never know till you try;)

I'm telling you Marc, once these are gone, THEY'RE GONE! I can't seem to find good looking stuff in any size any more! Also, I may ask Peter if Jeff still has that green three piece you sold to him many years back. If he does, it might be in your interest to buy it back. Never know.

Keep your options open my friend, selling off a collection is one way to make money, but, you may live to regret it down the road.

All the best,
=WR=

PS. That sport coat might have had pants at one time! I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88